It has been eons since I visited Cowboy Chicken on the corner of Greenville and Lovers. In short: the chicken roasting on the wood-fired rotisserie smells better than it tastes. Unless you love salt. The dark meat is so tender tiny bones slid along with it into my mouth and caused me to semi-choke a couple of times. (This probably would not have occurred if I hadn’t been typing and eating at the same time.) The chicken is a little greasy for my lunchtime tastes but would probably be the perfect antidote (salt and grease) to a hangover. The green beans were firm and snappy and briefly spiked with black pepper. The big kick of vinegar in the cole slaw caused my eyes to water. I could have eaten 10 of the yeast rolls. Next time I will try their chicken enchiladas—several veteran customers reccommended them.
2/13/16 Sat3 Nations Brewing
2/16/16 TueIII Forks
2/20/16 SatTaschen Library
2/29/16 MonHyatt Regency Dallas
3/3/16 ThuCommunity Beer Co.
3/4/16 FriFair Park
- Meet Your 'Real Housewives of Dallas' Cast, Repent by Alex Macon
- 2016 Oak Cliff Mardi Gras Parade
- Dallas Dating Guide by D Magazine
- Hot Property: New Orleans Style in Lower Greenville by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Breakfasts in Dallas by D Magazine
- Dallas City Council Bans Exxxotica From Using Convention Center by Jason Heid
- OMG! Real Housewives of Dallas Cast Member Once Starred in Porn! by Tim Rogers
- Go Inside the Homes of Bravo’s Real Housewives of Dallas by Caitlin Clark
- Houston Mayor Has a Lesson for Dallas: More Roads Aren’t the Answer by Tim Rogers
- The Lesson South Oak Cliff High Just Taught All DISD Students by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »