It has been eons since I visited Cowboy Chicken on the corner of Greenville and Lovers. In short: the chicken roasting on the wood-fired rotisserie smells better than it tastes. Unless you love salt. The dark meat is so tender tiny bones slid along with it into my mouth and caused me to semi-choke a couple of times. (This probably would not have occurred if I hadn’t been typing and eating at the same time.) The chicken is a little greasy for my lunchtime tastes but would probably be the perfect antidote (salt and grease) to a hangover. The green beans were firm and snappy and briefly spiked with black pepper. The big kick of vinegar in the cole slaw caused my eyes to water. I could have eaten 10 of the yeast rolls. Next time I will try their chicken enchiladas—several veteran customers reccommended them.
- 50 Best Restaurants in Dallas by D Magazine
- Hot Property: Tri-Level Craftsman in Lower Greenville by Caitlin Clark
- High Fives' First Anniversary Party
- 'The Real Housewives of Dallas' Episode 10 Recap by Tim Rogers
- Brandi Redmond and Stephanie Hollman Dish on Their Favorite Dallas Restaurants by Catherine Downes
- Settle a Bet Between Me and Nancy by Tim Rogers
- A Dispatch From the D Magazine Sweat Lodge by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (6/24/16) by Staci Parks
- Watch Bryan Wilson, The Texas Law Hawk, Jump a Jet Ski by Tim Rogers
- Winners and Losers This Week in Dallas (6/24/16) by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »