It has been eons since I visited Cowboy Chicken on the corner of Greenville and Lovers. In short: the chicken roasting on the wood-fired rotisserie smells better than it tastes. Unless you love salt. The dark meat is so tender tiny bones slid along with it into my mouth and caused me to semi-choke a couple of times. (This probably would not have occurred if I hadn’t been typing and eating at the same time.) The chicken is a little greasy for my lunchtime tastes but would probably be the perfect antidote (salt and grease) to a hangover. The green beans were firm and snappy and briefly spiked with black pepper. The big kick of vinegar in the cole slaw caused my eyes to water. I could have eaten 10 of the yeast rolls. Next time I will try their chicken enchiladas—several veteran customers reccommended them.
12/20/14 SatNorthPark Center
- Poll: What Should Dallas Do With the Convention Center Hotel? by Jason Heid
- Photos: Ferguson Protest in Dallas by Bradford Pearson
- How I Did It: The Best New Restaurants in Dallas 2014 by Nancy Nichols
- Ask John Neely Bryan: Let Us Give Thanks For ‘Dallitude’ by John Neely Bryan
- What Has Irving Done to Anger God? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »