A few days ago, Kyle Kearbey asked an innocent question on SideDish: What is your favorite summer cocktail? It not only made me thirsty, it reminded me to tell you about a new margarita in town. I discovered the Maximo Heat when I was reviewing Maximo Cucina and Margarita Lounge. The review comes out in a week or so, but I have to tell you about it now. This is the best margarita I’ve had outside of Rick Bayless’ Topolobampo in Chicago. The Maximo Heat is a gorgeous green concoction of sweet agave syrup mixed with freshly squeezed lime juice, Sauza Silver (or your choice of tequila from their list), triple sec, and muddled raw jalapeños. After one sip, your tongue becomes a stage for a spirited symphony filled with staccato notes of sweet, sour, bitter, salt, and tart. Seconds later, a bolt of fiery jalapeño crashes like cymbals in your head. It is not to be missed.
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- Poll: What Does the Uptown Sam’s Club Say About City Government? by Jason Heid
- 8 Achievable Steps to Improve Urbanism by Peter Simek
- The Best Thing Written So Far About the John Wiley Price Indictment by Peter Simek
- Judgmental Map of Dallas by Krista Nightengale
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.