Last week Sprinkles delivered raspberry cupcakes to our office. Then I got an e-mail from Dorian Isenberg of J. Dorian Chocolatier, who wanted to send us his version of a raspberry cupcake. You may recall that our resident Sweet Tooth, Miss Kyle Kearbey, blogged about J. Dorian cupcakes when they first came out. I’m happy to report that they are still as delicious—and beautiful—as they were then, although this pic isn’t quite as pretty as the ones Kyle posted before. These are chocolate cupcakes—so moist and light!—with an airy, whipped raspberry center. The frosting is white chocolate buttercream—just the right amount of sweet—dusted with freeze-dried raspberry powder. While we’re not really comparing apples to apples here, after a semi-official poll of the cupcake taste-testers, J. Dorian emerged victorious.
- Are We Witnessing The Fall of the House of Michael Morris? by Peter Simek
- John Travolta Welcomes Really Big Plane to DFW Airport by Jason Heid
- Announcing StreetSmart, D Magazine’s New Transportation and Urbanism Blog by Jason Heid
- Ebola Case Confirmed in Dallas by Jason Heid
- Will Automated Cars Revolutionize Urban Transportation? by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »