Last week Sprinkles delivered raspberry cupcakes to our office. Then I got an e-mail from Dorian Isenberg of J. Dorian Chocolatier, who wanted to send us his version of a raspberry cupcake. You may recall that our resident Sweet Tooth, Miss Kyle Kearbey, blogged about J. Dorian cupcakes when they first came out. I’m happy to report that they are still as delicious—and beautiful—as they were then, although this pic isn’t quite as pretty as the ones Kyle posted before. These are chocolate cupcakes—so moist and light!—with an airy, whipped raspberry center. The frosting is white chocolate buttercream—just the right amount of sweet—dusted with freeze-dried raspberry powder. While we’re not really comparing apples to apples here, after a semi-official poll of the cupcake taste-testers, J. Dorian emerged victorious.
8/23/14 SatMain Street Garden
8/26/14 TueSevy's Grill
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- Brendan Higgins Arrested in Aspen by Tim Rogers
- American Airlines Outsources Its In-Flight Magazine by Tim Rogers
- About the Use of the Word ‘Portmanteau’ in Our July Issue by Tim Rogers
- Brendan Higgins Fired From Channel 11 by Tim Rogers
- About the Teenager Who Lived in Walmart: I Think That Was Art. by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.