Last week Sprinkles delivered raspberry cupcakes to our office. Then I got an e-mail from Dorian Isenberg of J. Dorian Chocolatier, who wanted to send us his version of a raspberry cupcake. You may recall that our resident Sweet Tooth, Miss Kyle Kearbey, blogged about J. Dorian cupcakes when they first came out. I’m happy to report that they are still as delicious—and beautiful—as they were then, although this pic isn’t quite as pretty as the ones Kyle posted before. These are chocolate cupcakes—so moist and light!—with an airy, whipped raspberry center. The frosting is white chocolate buttercream—just the right amount of sweet—dusted with freeze-dried raspberry powder. While we’re not really comparing apples to apples here, after a semi-official poll of the cupcake taste-testers, J. Dorian emerged victorious.
2/13/16 Sat3 Nations Brewing
2/16/16 TueIII Forks
2/20/16 SatTaschen Library
2/29/16 MonHyatt Regency Dallas
3/3/16 ThuCommunity Beer Co.
3/4/16 FriFair Park
- Meet Your 'Real Housewives of Dallas' Cast, Repent by Alex Macon
- 2016 Oak Cliff Mardi Gras Parade
- Dallas Dating Guide by D Magazine
- Hot Property: New Orleans Style in Lower Greenville by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Breakfasts in Dallas by D Magazine
- Dallas City Council Bans Exxxotica From Using Convention Center by Jason Heid
- OMG! Real Housewives of Dallas Cast Member Once Starred in Porn! by Tim Rogers
- Go Inside the Homes of Bravo’s Real Housewives of Dallas by Caitlin Clark
- Houston Mayor Has a Lesson for Dallas: More Roads Aren’t the Answer by Tim Rogers
- The Lesson South Oak Cliff High Just Taught All DISD Students by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »