Over the weekend, I was privileged to be at the family lake house in East Texas in the company of four of my five perfect nieces and one nephew. We did a lot of cooking (thank you Richard Chamberlain for the brisket recipe) and we made ice cream. We ate handfuls of Texas blueberries, tomatoes, and peaches. One of my five perfect nieces, Jamie (churning the ice cream), wants to be a chef. The other three want to be food critics. Katie, Hannah, and Mia have started Kid Kritics, a blog about food. So far, they have two reviews up. I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly.
- The Ultimate Neighborhood Guide to Dallas
- After SCOTUS Decision, Jack Evans and George Harris Go Get Their Marriage License by Liz Johnstone
- The Legend of Chris Kyle by Michael J. Mooney
- The 10 Best Lakes to Call Home by Dawn McMullan
- Chill Out on These 11 Great Dallas Patios
- When Does Our Confederacy Conversation Target Street Names in Oak Cliff? by Peter Simek
- Part 3: The Value of the Neighborhood Church by Dallas May
- Leading Off (6/29/2015) by Liz Johnstone
- What Happened to FrontBurner Comments? by Jason Heid
- Mad Max Shops at Lakewood Whole Foods by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »