Over the weekend, I was privileged to be at the family lake house in East Texas in the company of four of my five perfect nieces and one nephew. We did a lot of cooking (thank you Richard Chamberlain for the brisket recipe) and we made ice cream. We ate handfuls of Texas blueberries, tomatoes, and peaches. One of my five perfect nieces, Jamie (churning the ice cream), wants to be a chef. The other three want to be food critics. Katie, Hannah, and Mia have started Kid Kritics, a blog about food. So far, they have two reviews up. I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly.
11/1/14 SatGilley's Dallas
- Does Your Dallas ZIP Code Speak for Itself? by Ali Finney
- Truck Yard
- The New Glenn Beck by Michael J. Mooney
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- Leslie Brenner Steps Out From Behind the Curtain and Reveals Her Face by Nancy Nichols
- Robert Edsel Is a Little Confused About What ‘Humble’ Means by Tim Rogers
- DMN Story on DISD Salaries Suffers From Bad Case of Overreach by Eric Celeste
- There Was No Debate About the Trinity Toll Road at the Stemmons Corridor Business Association Luncheon by Peter Simek
- Poll: When Will Texas Have a Blue Governor? by Jason Heid
- Finance Panel: Southern Dallas Just Needs More George Baileys by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »