I’ve been trying to wait until I had some firm details about the place, but the best I’ve got are some semi-reliable rumors—and this rendering—even though the grand opening is scheduled for July 23. (And the web site is still under construction.) Anyway, Hacienda is a partnership between Vickery Park owners and Lotus owners, so I think we can expect it to be as much a watering hole–plenty of tequila?–as a restaurant. I’m still waiting to get an idea of the menu, but I do think it’s going to be more upscale than, say, Cuquita’s but not as fancy as, say, Trece. I think we can expect a valet, even though there is adjacent parking (hate that). What else? Oh, if you’ve driven by the patio space looks pretty inviting, so assuming they can tolerate the summer heat, I suspect we’ll be seeing lots of pretty girls on that patio–perhaps waving to all the pretty boys on the patio at Capitol Pub. Stay tuned for more official details.
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- 8 Achievable Steps to Improve Urbanism by Peter Simek
- Poll: What Does the Uptown Sam’s Club Say About City Government? by Jason Heid
- The Best Thing Written So Far About the John Wiley Price Indictment by Peter Simek
- Why the Cotton Bowl Still Has Value as a Sports Facility by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.