I love soft shell crab. When I was growing up, my family and I would spend a week in the Florida Panhandle every summer, and I’d eat soft shell crab every chance I got. Some people are turned off by the idea of eating the whole thing, shell and all. And that’s a tragedy, because they’ll never have the pleasure of eating this sammy from Parigi. The crab was cooked perfectly–well-seasoned, with just the right crunch. But the bread is what makes a good sandwich great, and that is so true here: the bun was soft and buttery, not to thick, and reminiscent of the pan de yema at La Duni. Roasted potatoes–not too many, mind you–had a punch of heat. Get this dish while you can.
8/23/14 SatMain Street Garden
8/26/14 TueSevy's Grill
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- Brendan Higgins Arrested in Aspen by Tim Rogers
- American Airlines Outsources Its In-Flight Magazine by Tim Rogers
- About the Use of the Word ‘Portmanteau’ in Our July Issue by Tim Rogers
- Brendan Higgins Fired From Channel 11 by Tim Rogers
- About the Teenager Who Lived in Walmart: I Think That Was Art. by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.