Crush Wine Shop on Knox Street pours some nice fruit of the vine this weekend. On Friday, sip some bubbly from Champagne Ayala 6:30-8:30 pm. The only French champagne house with Latin roots, Ayala’s Cuvée Rosé Nature was named Wine of the Year in 2008 by Champagne expert Ed McCarthy. On Saturday, Crush samples the big Zins from Cline Cellars. I’ve always been a fan of these affordable fruit bombs. In addition to two Zins, Crush will pour Cline’s Viognier, Mourvedre (another fave), and Cashmere blend. The Cline tasting is $15. Ayala’s is free.
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- A Look at Kidd Kraddick’s Show A Year After His Death by Zac Crain
- Poll: Should Mike Rawlings Run Again? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.