Crush Wine Shop on Knox Street pours some nice fruit of the vine this weekend. On Friday, sip some bubbly from Champagne Ayala 6:30-8:30 pm. The only French champagne house with Latin roots, Ayala’s Cuvée Rosé Nature was named Wine of the Year in 2008 by Champagne expert Ed McCarthy. On Saturday, Crush samples the big Zins from Cline Cellars. I’ve always been a fan of these affordable fruit bombs. In addition to two Zins, Crush will pour Cline’s Viognier, Mourvedre (another fave), and Cashmere blend. The Cline tasting is $15. Ayala’s is free.
- It Is Time to for Some Real Leadership and Vision in Downtown Dallas by Peter Simek
- Judgmental Map of Dallas, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Judgmental Map of Dallas by Krista Nightengale
- SAGA Pod: Jim Schutze on JWP, Inland Ports, DISD, and Hippies by Eric Celeste
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.