You know Dallas. We’re always looking for the next big thing. Uptown and the West Village are saturated with restaurants. Bishop Arts is maxed out and heading west down Davis Street. (Hello, Bolsa and ConFusion.) Deep Ellum is still in a funk. And Victory? See La Condesa below. Henderson Avenue is the current “it” place as the East Dallas street hops along with its gentrification efforts. But today I was driving into work through all the construction going on along Oak Lawn Avenue in the Design District and saw a sign in a vacant storefront: “For Lease: Restaurant Site.” Hmmmm… that’s interesting. The Design District is already fast becoming our little SoHo with its design showrooms, decor stores, and art galleries. Residential is moving in fast. Could destination dining be far behind? It’s a cool, urban area that has grown organically over the years. It doesn’t feel forced or contrived. (Hi again, Victory!) I think some restaurateur with chuztpah and deep pockets could transform this sleepy district (at least at night) into something pretty grand. Hey Kent, Phil, and Tristan: You guys listening? Want to make some money?
- Save Your Nelson Mandela Status Messages, the Omni Dallas Just Won by Bradford Pearson
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas Party
- Interview: Courtney Kerr on Her New Realty TV Show by Raya Ramsey
- Bon Voyage, #chaneldallas by Cristina Daglas
- Leading Off (12/11/13) by Krista Nightengale
- Lakewood Brewing Co. Released its Bourbon Barrel Temptress During the Ice Storm by Matthew Shelley
- The Cowboys-Bears Bet by Tim Rogers
- First Look: Chanel Métiers d’Art Fashion Show at Fair Park by Kristi and Scot Redman
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.