You know Dallas. We’re always looking for the next big thing. Uptown and the West Village are saturated with restaurants. Bishop Arts is maxed out and heading west down Davis Street. (Hello, Bolsa and ConFusion.) Deep Ellum is still in a funk. And Victory? See La Condesa below. Henderson Avenue is the current “it” place as the East Dallas street hops along with its gentrification efforts. But today I was driving into work through all the construction going on along Oak Lawn Avenue in the Design District and saw a sign in a vacant storefront: “For Lease: Restaurant Site.” Hmmmm… that’s interesting. The Design District is already fast becoming our little SoHo with its design showrooms, decor stores, and art galleries. Residential is moving in fast. Could destination dining be far behind? It’s a cool, urban area that has grown organically over the years. It doesn’t feel forced or contrived. (Hi again, Victory!) I think some restaurateur with chuztpah and deep pockets could transform this sleepy district (at least at night) into something pretty grand. Hey Kent, Phil, and Tristan: You guys listening? Want to make some money?
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
9/24/14 WedThe Libertine Bar
- The 10 Most Eligible Men in Dallas
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- How an Office Romance Went Off the Rails and Brought Down the NCPA’s John Goodman by Glenn Hunter
- You Must Go to the Dallas Chocolate Festival by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Jay Jerrier Hates Children, Takes Away Their Fountain at White Rock Cane Rosso by Tim Rogers
- Behind the Scenes of the Dallas 40 Cover Shoot by Jason Heid
- That ESPN Profile of Jerry Jones by Michael J. Mooney
- Style Icon: Anais and Graysha Assoun by Kristi and Scot Redman
- The Best Concerts in Dallas: Labor Day Weekend Edition by Eric Martinez
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.