Café Italia, the Tex-Italian restaurant will close in late August. Owner Scott Jones, who is allegedly still involved in the operation of Screen Door in One Arts Plaza, announced today that he will replace Café Italia with a new concept. Café Italia opened on Maple Avenue in 1984. Jones bought it in 2001 and opened the Lovers’ location in 2002. Mr. Jones has rehired Louis Mendes, the man who opened the original restaurant to oversee the last few months of operation. According to the press release: “He added his Tex-Italian fare to the menu to offer the uniqueness that has helped make Café Italia successful year after year. The restaurant has continued to garner rave reviews and was even named by PaperCity as a “Top Five Dallas Restaurant.” Jones is also working on a new concept in Fort Worth.
4/30/16 SatMain Street Garden
4/30/16 SatMessina Hof Grapevine Winery
5/1/16 SunGranada Theater
5/3/16 TueOptimized Living Institute
5/7/16 SatPanther Island Pavilion
5/7/16 SatVarious locations
5/12/16 ThuFixture Restaurant
5/13/16 FriAddison Circle Park
5/14/16 SatCommunity Beer Co.
5/15/16 SunWest 7th
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Episode 3 Recap by Tim Rogers
- The Oak Cliff DISD Trustee Race Has Turned Ugly by Eric Celeste
- City Council Gives Zale Corp. $450K to Sort-of Move to Dallas by Jason Heid
- Poll: Where Does Dirk Rank in the Dallas Sports Pantheon? by Jason Heid
- Are the Stars Trying To Keep Blues Fans From Buying Tickets? by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »