Café Italia, the Tex-Italian restaurant will close in late August. Owner Scott Jones, who is allegedly still involved in the operation of Screen Door in One Arts Plaza, announced today that he will replace Café Italia with a new concept. Café Italia opened on Maple Avenue in 1984. Jones bought it in 2001 and opened the Lovers’ location in 2002. Mr. Jones has rehired Louis Mendes, the man who opened the original restaurant to oversee the last few months of operation. According to the press release: “He added his Tex-Italian fare to the menu to offer the uniqueness that has helped make Café Italia successful year after year. The restaurant has continued to garner rave reviews and was even named by PaperCity as a “Top Five Dallas Restaurant.” Jones is also working on a new concept in Fort Worth.
- Are We Witnessing The Fall of the House of Michael Morris? by Peter Simek
- Announcing StreetSmart, D Magazine’s New Transportation and Urbanism Blog by Jason Heid
- John Travolta Welcomes Really Big Plane to DFW Airport by Jason Heid
- Ebola Case Confirmed in Dallas by Jason Heid
- Laray Polk on the State of Bookstores in Dallas by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »