Café Italia, the Tex-Italian restaurant will close in late August. Owner Scott Jones, who is allegedly still involved in the operation of Screen Door in One Arts Plaza, announced today that he will replace Café Italia with a new concept. Café Italia opened on Maple Avenue in 1984. Jones bought it in 2001 and opened the Lovers’ location in 2002. Mr. Jones has rehired Louis Mendes, the man who opened the original restaurant to oversee the last few months of operation. According to the press release: “He added his Tex-Italian fare to the menu to offer the uniqueness that has helped make Café Italia successful year after year. The restaurant has continued to garner rave reviews and was even named by PaperCity as a “Top Five Dallas Restaurant.” Jones is also working on a new concept in Fort Worth.
5/6/15 WedCommunity Beer Co.
5/6/15 WedRahr & Sons Brewing Company
5/7/15 ThuDeep Ellum Brewing Co.
5/7/15 ThuMartin House Brewing Company
5/8/15 FriHyatt Regency Dallas
5/9/15 SatPanther Island Pavilion
5/9/15 SatStonebridge Ranch Country Club
5/10/15 SunOmni Fort Worth Hotel
5/10/15 SunTexas Spice
- Who Can We Blame for This Garland Shooting? by Michael J. Mooney
- Why We Should Listen to Laura Miller’s Solution to the Scott Griggs Accusations by Peter Simek
- Breaking: Robin Wright Is as Smart as She Is Beautiful. And She Is Coming to Dallas by Christine Allison
- Leading Off (5/4/2015) by Liz Johnstone
- Why Dallas Is a Terrible Place to Grow Up Poor — And a Great Place to Be Rich by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »