Café Italia, the Tex-Italian restaurant will close in late August. Owner Scott Jones, who is allegedly still involved in the operation of Screen Door in One Arts Plaza, announced today that he will replace Café Italia with a new concept. Café Italia opened on Maple Avenue in 1984. Jones bought it in 2001 and opened the Lovers’ location in 2002. Mr. Jones has rehired Louis Mendes, the man who opened the original restaurant to oversee the last few months of operation. According to the press release: “He added his Tex-Italian fare to the menu to offer the uniqueness that has helped make Café Italia successful year after year. The restaurant has continued to garner rave reviews and was even named by PaperCity as a “Top Five Dallas Restaurant.” Jones is also working on a new concept in Fort Worth.
7/4/15 SatSteel Restaurant & Lounge
7/4/15 SatNoble Rey Brewing Co.
7/4/15 SatThe Libertine Bar
7/7/15 TueKirby's Steakhouse
7/14/15 TueBishop Arts District
7/16/15 ThuKettle Art
- The Ultimate Neighborhood Guide to Dallas
- Taco Libre at Main Street Garden
- Hot Property: 3901 Turtle Creek Boulevard #9 by Caitlin Clark
- The 10 Best Lakes to Call Home by Dawn McMullan
- Where to See Fireworks in Dallas This Fourth of July by Mary Claire Hamm
- The Mysterious Plan for a Mayoral Compound by Wylie H. Dallas
- Laura Miller on the Failings of Jennifer Gates and the Battle To Save Preston Hollow by Tim Rogers
- Did Bass Pro Shops Steal a T-shirt Idea From The Lodge? by Michael J. Mooney
- What Happened to FrontBurner Comments? by Jason Heid
- Mad Max Shops at Lakewood Whole Foods by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »