I have a friend who’s remodeling a house on Sycamore, so a couple of days ago, when we were checking on the progress, we drove by Chapman Chile Kitchen on Carroll Avenue. Intrigued, we stopped in–even though we’d already had lunch. This tiny little spot, open Tuesday-Saturday, boasts a short little menu of heat-packed items, although not all are super hot. We tried the stuffed jalapenos–we couldn’t leave empty-handed–which are more like baby chiles rellenos than those deep fried, cheese-stuffed versions we’ve come to know and love. These little beauties were jammed with chicken, three kinds of cheese, onion, lime, and cilantro, covered in Panko bread crubs, and baked. De-lish. Call ahead and they’ll make you a tray for a party. I told Sarah that we must go back for the Frito pie topped with homemade lean bison chili (spicy or mild). Speaking of bison, that’s what they use in the burgers, too–one with jalapeno and garlic mixed right into the patty, which is then topped with blue cheese. I’m. So. In.
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
9/24/14 WedThe Libertine Bar
- The 10 Most Eligible Men in Dallas
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- How an Office Romance Went Off the Rails and Brought Down the NCPA’s John Goodman by Glenn Hunter
- You Must Go to the Dallas Chocolate Festival by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Jay Jerrier Hates Children, Takes Away Their Fountain at White Rock Cane Rosso by Tim Rogers
- Classical Music Criticism in Dallas: It’s Time for a Makeover by Catherine Womack
- Behind the Scenes of the Dallas 40 Cover Shoot by Jason Heid
- Leading Off (8/28/14) by Zac Crain
- CMS Again Alleges Parkland Safety Lapse Resulted In Patient Harm by Matt Goodman
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.