I have a friend who’s remodeling a house on Sycamore, so a couple of days ago, when we were checking on the progress, we drove by Chapman Chile Kitchen on Carroll Avenue. Intrigued, we stopped in–even though we’d already had lunch. This tiny little spot, open Tuesday-Saturday, boasts a short little menu of heat-packed items, although not all are super hot. We tried the stuffed jalapenos–we couldn’t leave empty-handed–which are more like baby chiles rellenos than those deep fried, cheese-stuffed versions we’ve come to know and love. These little beauties were jammed with chicken, three kinds of cheese, onion, lime, and cilantro, covered in Panko bread crubs, and baked. De-lish. Call ahead and they’ll make you a tray for a party. I told Sarah that we must go back for the Frito pie topped with homemade lean bison chili (spicy or mild). Speaking of bison, that’s what they use in the burgers, too–one with jalapeno and garlic mixed right into the patty, which is then topped with blue cheese. I’m. So. In.
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- 8 Achievable Steps to Improve Urbanism by Peter Simek
- Poll: What Does the Uptown Sam’s Club Say About City Government? by Jason Heid
- The Best Thing Written So Far About the John Wiley Price Indictment by Peter Simek
- Why the Cotton Bowl Still Has Value as a Sports Facility by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.