I have a friend who’s remodeling a house on Sycamore, so a couple of days ago, when we were checking on the progress, we drove by Chapman Chile Kitchen on Carroll Avenue. Intrigued, we stopped in–even though we’d already had lunch. This tiny little spot, open Tuesday-Saturday, boasts a short little menu of heat-packed items, although not all are super hot. We tried the stuffed jalapenos–we couldn’t leave empty-handed–which are more like baby chiles rellenos than those deep fried, cheese-stuffed versions we’ve come to know and love. These little beauties were jammed with chicken, three kinds of cheese, onion, lime, and cilantro, covered in Panko bread crubs, and baked. De-lish. Call ahead and they’ll make you a tray for a party. I told Sarah that we must go back for the Frito pie topped with homemade lean bison chili (spicy or mild). Speaking of bison, that’s what they use in the burgers, too–one with jalapeno and garlic mixed right into the patty, which is then topped with blue cheese. I’m. So. In.
7/30/14 WedCraft and Growler
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- A Look at Kidd Kraddick’s Show A Year After His Death by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.