There are few things that make me swoon more than an old fashioned chocolate cream pie. It brings back memories of Sunday after-church lunches at Wyatt’s Cafeteria with ladies in hairnets dishing out pre-fab, perfectly round chicken fried steaks, soggy green beans, and, yes, the aforementioned chocolate cream pie with its thick, silky custard and mile-high whipped cream topping. Crumbs Homemade Pies’ kicks it old school just like the beehived beauties of dearly departed Wyatt’s but the Oak Cliff baker’s sweets are infintely better. Crumbs is fairly new—not even a year old—and I got to sample its wares last weekend. I had a hard time deciding which was the best: the coconut cream, banana cream, or chocolate cream. (Yes, I tried all three. Oink, oink.) Find out for yourself. You can reach Crumbs my email (email@example.com) or phone (214-538-2538). All cream pies are only $16 each as is the lemon meringue. The bumble berry is $30. (Full disclore: I forgot to snap a pic when I sampled. The pie pictured left isn’t Crumbs’. I just wanted to make you hungry.)
5/28/15 ThuChestnut Square
6/2/15 TueSissy's Southern Kitchen and Bar
6/13/15 Sat"Secret Location"
6/18/15 ThuKettle Art
6/20/15 SatOld Town Lewisville
- New Buildings Vs. Old Buildings: The Battle for Downtown by Krista Nightengale
- Michael Morris Knows Which Way the Wind Is Blowing by Jason Heid
- Why Did the DMN Largely Ignore 35 Percent of DISD Test-takers? by Eric Celeste
- Were You Watching Today’s Slow-Speed Police Chase in Fort Worth? by Jason Heid
- Leading Off (5/25/2015) by Liz Johnstone
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »