In addition to the John Tesar review, the NYT writes today about shaved ice—that popular summertime Asian treat—and all its latest gourmet variations. Think flavors like Earl Grey, green tea, and espresso with condensed milk which sets by coffee-loving pants afire. I know you can get great sno-cones in Dallas. (Hi, Aunt Stella’s in Oak Cliff!) But where can you find shaved ice? And does anyone do fancy flavors?
3/3/15 TueWhole Foods Market Lakewood
3/7/15 SatWhole Foods Market at Park Lane
3/11/15 WedTexas de Brazil
3/13/15 FriPappas Bros. Steakhouse
3/14/15 SatCommunity Beer Garden
3/19/15 ThuDallas Arts District
3/19/15 ThuKettle Art
3/26/15 ThuBilly Bob's Texas
- Tom Spicer Died Today by Nancy Nichols
- A Less Than Objective Recap of the Festival of Ideas by Krista Nightengale
- Austin-Based Royal Blue Grocery Store to Open in Highland Park Village by Nancy Nichols
- How the DMN Misleads People About DISD by Tim Rogers
- Snowmaggedon 2015 Has Arrived by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »