We all know that artist Jasper Johns came up with the name Abacus for Kent Rathbun’s restaurant right? True story. Maybe that explains how Rathbun came up with Jasper’s for his backyard gourmet spot. Anywhoo, now comes word that arty people work at Abacus: Pastry chef Rick Griggs and server Tamara White are both successful artists. Their original works will be featured at the upstairs gallery of Nest in Snider Plaza. Opening reception on Thursday, May 7 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. 214-373-4444.
8/28/14 ThuDel Frisco's Grille
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- How an Office Romance Went Off the Rails and Brought Down the NCPA’s John Goodman by Glenn Hunter
- First Day of School! Except Where Kids Have Already Had 100 Hours of Instruction. by Eric Celeste
- Managed Toll Lanes Are Taking Over North Texas by Tim Rogers
- Poll: Should City of Dallas Workers Live Here? by Jason Heid
- A New DISD Dad Offers Thoughts on How to Recruit More Parents by Eric Celeste
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.