We all know that artist Jasper Johns came up with the name Abacus for Kent Rathbun’s restaurant right? True story. Maybe that explains how Rathbun came up with Jasper’s for his backyard gourmet spot. Anywhoo, now comes word that arty people work at Abacus: Pastry chef Rick Griggs and server Tamara White are both successful artists. Their original works will be featured at the upstairs gallery of Nest in Snider Plaza. Opening reception on Thursday, May 7 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. 214-373-4444.
4/16/14 WedKu De Ta
4/17/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
4/18/14 FriChocolate Secrets
4/20/14 SunWeekend Coffee
4/20/14 SunLounge 31
4/24/14 ThuValley View Center at Midtown
4/25/14 FriWestin Galleria Dallas
- It’s Time to Stop Talking Past Each Other on I-345 Teardown by Peter Simek
- Parsing That Long John Wiley Price Story by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (4/14/14) by Cristina Daglas
- Somebody Help This Poor Girl: The Most ‘Dallas’ Dallas Restaurant by Nancy Nichols
- The New Yorker on Jordan Spieth by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.