We all know that artist Jasper Johns came up with the name Abacus for Kent Rathbun’s restaurant right? True story. Maybe that explains how Rathbun came up with Jasper’s for his backyard gourmet spot. Anywhoo, now comes word that arty people work at Abacus: Pastry chef Rick Griggs and server Tamara White are both successful artists. Their original works will be featured at the upstairs gallery of Nest in Snider Plaza. Opening reception on Thursday, May 7 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. 214-373-4444.
- Truth & Alibi
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- The 10 Most Beautiful Homes in Dallas 2014 by The D Home Editors
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- Dirk Nowitzki Takes Even Bigger Discount, Is The Best by Zac Crain
- The Barrett Brown Review of Arts and Letters and Jail: There Was a Bad Mutha Who Lived in an SHU by Barrett Brown
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Morning News Says Mike Rawlings Should Run Again Because Mary Suhm by Eric Celeste
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- My Detente With the Avian Kingdom Is At An End by Zac Crain
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.