We all know that artist Jasper Johns came up with the name Abacus for Kent Rathbun’s restaurant right? True story. Maybe that explains how Rathbun came up with Jasper’s for his backyard gourmet spot. Anywhoo, now comes word that arty people work at Abacus: Pastry chef Rick Griggs and server Tamara White are both successful artists. Their original works will be featured at the upstairs gallery of Nest in Snider Plaza. Opening reception on Thursday, May 7 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. 214-373-4444.
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- The Best New Restaurants in Dallas by Nancy Nichols
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- Best Dallas Suburbs
- Pecan Lodge Is Moving From Dallas Farmers Market to Deep Ellum by Nancy Nichols
- The Loon Must Move to a New Location in Dallas by Nancy Nichols
- Give Us Feedback on the New Design by Tim Rogers
- Cash McElroy: The Other Side of the Story by Tim Rogers
- Teiichi Sakurai Will Open a Ramen Shop in Sylvan|Thirty Called ‘Ten’ by Carol Shih
- Help Us Establish Cowboys-Bears Wager by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.