We all know that artist Jasper Johns came up with the name Abacus for Kent Rathbun’s restaurant right? True story. Maybe that explains how Rathbun came up with Jasper’s for his backyard gourmet spot. Anywhoo, now comes word that arty people work at Abacus: Pastry chef Rick Griggs and server Tamara White are both successful artists. Their original works will be featured at the upstairs gallery of Nest in Snider Plaza. Opening reception on Thursday, May 7 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. 214-373-4444.
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
- How Chart Westcott Raised $1.2 Million for a State Rep Race and Only Got 30 Percent of the Vote by Eric Celeste
- A Lament for John Carona by Wick Allison
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.