Stopped in for the sign “funeral” at Sigel’s this morning. Sad, the store on Lemmon and Inwood is closing. The sky even shed a few tears as director of retail operations Bruce Carleton and I stood and watched the old gal come down. So the obvious question: Where in the Sam Hill is the sign gonna go? Carleton has been in touch with the cities of Dallas and Addison about getting the sign declared a landmark so it can be resurrected at another Sigel’s location. (That’s what happened years ago when the Lucas B&B peeps managed to keep their sign up on Oak Lawn in front of Pappadeaux.) It would be a shame to see this gem disappear like the poor old Tiki Man from Trader Vic’s. (He is suffering from terminal termite infestation. Slow death.)
- Questions About Jill Jordan’s Bewildering ‘Trinity Lakes’ Briefing by Wylie H. Dallas
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- First Take: Henry’s Majestic by Catherine Downes
- Poll: What Will the Trinity Lakes Look Like? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »