Stopped in for the sign “funeral” at Sigel’s this morning. Sad, the store on Lemmon and Inwood is closing. The sky even shed a few tears as director of retail operations Bruce Carleton and I stood and watched the old gal come down. So the obvious question: Where in the Sam Hill is the sign gonna go? Carleton has been in touch with the cities of Dallas and Addison about getting the sign declared a landmark so it can be resurrected at another Sigel’s location. (That’s what happened years ago when the Lucas B&B peeps managed to keep their sign up on Oak Lawn in front of Pappadeaux.) It would be a shame to see this gem disappear like the poor old Tiki Man from Trader Vic’s. (He is suffering from terminal termite infestation. Slow death.)
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- Cedars Social Closed for One Night by Nancy Nichols
- Why We Devoted 10,000 Words to DPD’s Child Abuse Squad by Cristina Daglas
- Big Fire Near Trinity Forest Continues To Burn by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.