Stopped in for the sign “funeral” at Sigel’s this morning. Sad, the store on Lemmon and Inwood is closing. The sky even shed a few tears as director of retail operations Bruce Carleton and I stood and watched the old gal come down. So the obvious question: Where in the Sam Hill is the sign gonna go? Carleton has been in touch with the cities of Dallas and Addison about getting the sign declared a landmark so it can be resurrected at another Sigel’s location. (That’s what happened years ago when the Lucas B&B peeps managed to keep their sign up on Oak Lawn in front of Pappadeaux.) It would be a shame to see this gem disappear like the poor old Tiki Man from Trader Vic’s. (He is suffering from terminal termite infestation. Slow death.)
- Why Everyone Needs to Read Steve Blow’s Pro-Highway Argument by Peter Simek
- Fact Checking Museum Tower’s Bold Sales Claim by Tim Rogers
- Have Questions About Home-Rule Effort? Ask Them Here. by Krista Nightengale
- Leading Off (3/4/14) by Tim Rogers
- Two Quick Notes About the Efforts To Make DISD a Home-Rule District by Eric Celeste
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.