Last week Ms. Amy Severson raged against the “Dewhurst Bill” which would changes the rules surrounding BYOB. She makes a lot of good points. If you want to read about the national BYOB movement, Glazer’s Alfonso “MW” Cevola provides a list of links over on The Blend. I gotta say, I’m with Ms. Amy on this issue—allowing looser controls on BYOB means more paperwork and less profit for restaurants. They already have enough to deal with. Sorry, Alfonso, I’m sure that wasn’t the emotion you expected when you sent the link. Grrr.
- Here is Ken Paxton’s Mugshot by Zac Crain
- Poll: Should Dallas Consider Raising the Minimum Wage? by Jason Heid
- Dallas Needs a New 21st Century Blueprint For Building a Better City by Kevin Walker
- Vincent’s Seafood, The Oldest Restaurant in Dallas, is Closed by Nancy Nichols
- Leading Off (8/4/15) by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »