Who in the Sam Hill is the local snitch for the Food Network? Our area chefs can’t buy a James Beard Award but national reality TV shows love to take them for free. Last night poor Bronwell Webber was iced from Last Cake Standing but tomorrow, or more specifically May 11, will be another day to cheer for another familiar face. Chef Barbara Renfro of Jamaica Gates Caribbean Cuisine in Arlington will appear on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives. They’re hosting a watch party which will double as a birthday bash for Chef Renfro. There will be live reggae music. Bronwen Weber is bringing a cake and Leslie Brenner is bringing grouper. Yummy, I love fish. Okay, so Webber and Brenner won’t be there, but that doesn’t mean you can’t rocksteady from 4 pm to 11 pm with the locals. I know Teresa Gubbins will be there. She shot the sheriff.
2/7/16 SunSea Breeze Fish Market and Grill
2/10/16 WedDallas Fish Market
2/20/16 SatTaschen Library
2/29/16 MonHyatt Regency Dallas
3/3/16 ThuCommunity Beer Co.
3/4/16 FriFair Park
- Hot Property: Mediterranean Mansion on Turtle Creek Drive by Caitlin Clark
- The Most Amazing Bowling Story Ever by Michael J. Mooney
- Eat Here Now: Maple Leaf Diner by Nancy Nichols
- Go Inside Jordan Spieth’s New PGA-Approved Preston Hollow Pad by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- When Drivers Hit Pedestrians, Where Do We Lay the Moral Blame? by Peter Simek
- City of Dallas Pushes to Keep Porn Out of Convention Center by Jason Heid
- Poll: Does Dallas Need to Pay Down Debt Before Fixing Roads? by Jason Heid
- It May Cost More to Remove the Dallas Wave Than to Fix It by Peter Simek
- DMN Makes Mike Hashimoto a Metro Columnist by Zac Crain
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »