Who in the Sam Hill is the local snitch for the Food Network? Our area chefs can’t buy a James Beard Award but national reality TV shows love to take them for free. Last night poor Bronwell Webber was iced from Last Cake Standing but tomorrow, or more specifically May 11, will be another day to cheer for another familiar face. Chef Barbara Renfro of Jamaica Gates Caribbean Cuisine in Arlington will appear on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives. They’re hosting a watch party which will double as a birthday bash for Chef Renfro. There will be live reggae music. Bronwen Weber is bringing a cake and Leslie Brenner is bringing grouper. Yummy, I love fish. Okay, so Webber and Brenner won’t be there, but that doesn’t mean you can’t rocksteady from 4 pm to 11 pm with the locals. I know Teresa Gubbins will be there. She shot the sheriff.
11/1/14 SatGilley's Dallas
- Does Your Dallas ZIP Code Speak for Itself? by Ali Finney
- Truck Yard
- The New Glenn Beck by Michael J. Mooney
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- Leslie Brenner Steps Out From Behind the Curtain and Reveals Her Face by Nancy Nichols
- Robert Edsel Is a Little Confused About What ‘Humble’ Means by Tim Rogers
- DMN Story on DISD Salaries Suffers From Bad Case of Overreach by Eric Celeste
- There Was No Debate About the Trinity Toll Road at the Stemmons Corridor Business Association Luncheon by Peter Simek
- Poll: When Will Texas Have a Blue Governor? by Jason Heid
- Finance Panel: Southern Dallas Just Needs More George Baileys by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »