Who in the Sam Hill is the local snitch for the Food Network? Our area chefs can’t buy a James Beard Award but national reality TV shows love to take them for free. Last night poor Bronwell Webber was iced from Last Cake Standing but tomorrow, or more specifically May 11, will be another day to cheer for another familiar face. Chef Barbara Renfro of Jamaica Gates Caribbean Cuisine in Arlington will appear on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives. They’re hosting a watch party which will double as a birthday bash for Chef Renfro. There will be live reggae music. Bronwen Weber is bringing a cake and Leslie Brenner is bringing grouper. Yummy, I love fish. Okay, so Webber and Brenner won’t be there, but that doesn’t mean you can’t rocksteady from 4 pm to 11 pm with the locals. I know Teresa Gubbins will be there. She shot the sheriff.
- UT vs. OU Watch Party at Christie's Sports Bar
- Parkland Hospital Releases Major Presby Diss Track by Zac Crain
- Fox 4 and Clarice Tinsley Show Us the Future of TV News. And Its End. by Tim Rogers
- Jerry Jones Lawsuit Settled This Morning After Late-Night Lawyering by Tim Rogers
- On The Street: The Fashion Scene Around Dallas
- Questions About Jill Jordan’s Bewildering ‘Trinity Lakes’ Briefing by Wylie H. Dallas
- Dallas: ‘City of Hate’ vs. ‘Plague City’ by Peter Simek
- First Take: Henry’s Majestic by Catherine Downes
- Leading Off (10/17/14) by Jason Heid
- SAGA Pod/Learning Curve: Schutze on Ebola and DISD by Eric Celeste
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »