Who in the Sam Hill is the local snitch for the Food Network? Our area chefs can’t buy a James Beard Award but national reality TV shows love to take them for free. Last night poor Bronwell Webber was iced from Last Cake Standing but tomorrow, or more specifically May 11, will be another day to cheer for another familiar face. Chef Barbara Renfro of Jamaica Gates Caribbean Cuisine in Arlington will appear on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives. They’re hosting a watch party which will double as a birthday bash for Chef Renfro. There will be live reggae music. Bronwen Weber is bringing a cake and Leslie Brenner is bringing grouper. Yummy, I love fish. Okay, so Webber and Brenner won’t be there, but that doesn’t mean you can’t rocksteady from 4 pm to 11 pm with the locals. I know Teresa Gubbins will be there. She shot the sheriff.
10/7/15 WedDallas Arboretum
10/10/15 SatThe Dubliner
10/11/15 SunTruck Yard
10/13/15 TueThe Grape
10/14/15 WedDallas Farmers Market
10/14/15 WedCapitol Pub
10/15/15 ThuKettle Art
10/17/15 SatCity Hall Plaza
- Was Susan Hawk ‘Committed’ or Wasn’t She? by Tim Rogers
- Toronto Columnist Bad-Mouths Arlington Ahead of Rangers-Blue Jays Series by Jason Heid
- Things To Do In Dallas Tonight: Oct. 5 by Alex Macon
- Arlington Is Mad About the Texas Rangers’ AL West Champions T-Shirts by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (10/6/15) by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »