I was asking myself that same question after lunch yesterday. When I need a fast fried fix, I dine at Hook Line & Sinker. The fried catfish there is done right: lightly seasoned and fried in peanut oil for a crisp, fast fry. Okay. The hush puppies aren’t great. (I prefer deep fried golden orbs to the inferior cylindrical variety.) But the catfish is always tasty. Not so yesterday. It was limp, listless, and a bit bland. So, now I’m on the hunt for a new fried catfish home. Any ideas?
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Morning News Says Mike Rawlings Should Run Again Because Mary Suhm by Eric Celeste
- Poll: Should Mike Rawlings Run Again? by Jason Heid
- Emmanuel Mudiay to Earn $1.2M in Chinese League by Bradford Pearson
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.