I was asking myself that same question after lunch yesterday. When I need a fast fried fix, I dine at Hook Line & Sinker. The fried catfish there is done right: lightly seasoned and fried in peanut oil for a crisp, fast fry. Okay. The hush puppies aren’t great. (I prefer deep fried golden orbs to the inferior cylindrical variety.) But the catfish is always tasty. Not so yesterday. It was limp, listless, and a bit bland. So, now I’m on the hunt for a new fried catfish home. Any ideas?
- 100 Great Holiday Gifts
- LInkedIn Reveals Dallas' Dominant Skill Set by Ali Finney
- Off the Record
- Dallas Starbucks Mistakes Chandler Parsons For Dirk Nowitzki by Bradford Pearson
- Mummy Not So Dearest: A Few Thoughts on Leslie Brenner's Proof + Pantry Review by Nancy Nichols
- Where Millennials Are Migrating and Why by Patrick Kennedy
- Taste Test Thursday: Pumpkin Pie by Catherine Downes
- Leading Off (11/21/14) by Michael J. Mooney
- Will Art Prize Change Dallas’ Cultural Scene Forever? by Peter Simek
- Leading Off (11/20/14) by Zac Crain
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »