I was asking myself that same question after lunch yesterday. When I need a fast fried fix, I dine at Hook Line & Sinker. The fried catfish there is done right: lightly seasoned and fried in peanut oil for a crisp, fast fry. Okay. The hush puppies aren’t great. (I prefer deep fried golden orbs to the inferior cylindrical variety.) But the catfish is always tasty. Not so yesterday. It was limp, listless, and a bit bland. So, now I’m on the hunt for a new fried catfish home. Any ideas?
3/3/15 TueWhole Foods Market Lakewood
3/7/15 SatWhole Foods Market at Park Lane
3/11/15 WedTexas de Brazil
3/14/15 SatCommunity Beer Garden
3/19/15 ThuDallas Arts District
3/19/15 ThuKettle Art
3/26/15 ThuBilly Bob's Texas
- A Less Than Objective Recap of the Festival of Ideas by Krista Nightengale
- Austin-Based Royal Blue Grocery Store to Open in Highland Park Village by Nancy Nichols
- Why DISD’s Plan to Reopen Some Closed Schools is a No-Brainer, and Why Some Trustees Don’t Care by Eric Celeste
- Snowmaggedon 2015 Has Arrived by Jason Heid
- Who Is In Charge of the Trinity River Project? by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »