I was asking myself that same question after lunch yesterday. When I need a fast fried fix, I dine at Hook Line & Sinker. The fried catfish there is done right: lightly seasoned and fried in peanut oil for a crisp, fast fry. Okay. The hush puppies aren’t great. (I prefer deep fried golden orbs to the inferior cylindrical variety.) But the catfish is always tasty. Not so yesterday. It was limp, listless, and a bit bland. So, now I’m on the hunt for a new fried catfish home. Any ideas?
2/10/16 WedDallas Fish Market
2/13/16 Sat3 Nations Brewing
2/16/16 TueIII Forks
2/20/16 SatTaschen Library
2/29/16 MonHyatt Regency Dallas
3/3/16 ThuCommunity Beer Co.
3/4/16 FriFair Park
- Hot Property: New Orleans Style in Lower Greenville by Caitlin Clark
- 2016 Oak Cliff Mardi Gras Parade
- The Best Breakfasts in Dallas by D Magazine
- Dallas Dating Guide by D Magazine
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- Dallas City Council Bans Exxxotica From Using Convention Center by Jason Heid
- Dallas Intersections That Would Make Fantastic Aliases or Elmore Leonard Characters, Ranked by Zac Crain
- Once You Decide You Want to Be In the Convention Business, You Have to Be In the Convention Business by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (2/8/16) by Zac Crain
- The Lesson South Oak Cliff High Just Taught All DISD Students by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »