I was asking myself that same question after lunch yesterday. When I need a fast fried fix, I dine at Hook Line & Sinker. The fried catfish there is done right: lightly seasoned and fried in peanut oil for a crisp, fast fry. Okay. The hush puppies aren’t great. (I prefer deep fried golden orbs to the inferior cylindrical variety.) But the catfish is always tasty. Not so yesterday. It was limp, listless, and a bit bland. So, now I’m on the hunt for a new fried catfish home. Any ideas?
- 50 Best Restaurants in Dallas by D Magazine
- Hot Property: Tri-Level Craftsman in Lower Greenville by Caitlin Clark
- High Fives' First Anniversary Party
- 'The Real Housewives of Dallas' Episode 10 Recap by Tim Rogers
- Brandi Redmond and Stephanie Hollman Dish on Their Favorite Dallas Restaurants by Catherine Downes
- Settle a Bet Between Me and Nancy by Tim Rogers
- A Dispatch From the D Magazine Sweat Lodge by Tim Rogers
- Not a Recap of The Real Housewives of Dallas Reunion Show by Tim Rogers
- Is the New Rangers Ballpark a Terrible Deal For Arlington? by Zac Crain
- Theranos, the Battered Diagnostic Startup, Has a Dallas Tie: Real Estate Magnate Craig Hall by Chase Beakley
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »