True confession: I’m a cookbook addict. Love them. Do I use them all? Of course not. (Yes, I’m looking at you The French Laundry Cookbook with your 48-step recipes and prep work that alone requires three days.) But over the weekend, I cracked open the Dallas Museum of Art League’s The Artful Table—a favorite of mine—and made chilled Senegalese soup, a fragrant blend of curry, cayene, chicken, apples, and plenty of half & half. It reminded me of other local favorites like Paula Lambert’s The Cheese Lover’s Cookbook and Grady Spears’ The Texas Cowboy Kitchen (roasted poblano mac-n-cheese = OMG good). So, I thought I’d ask you: SideDishers, what are your favorite local cookbooks?
5/1/16 SunGranada Theater
5/3/16 TueOptimized Living Institute
5/7/16 SatPanther Island Pavilion
5/7/16 SatVarious locations
5/12/16 ThuFixture Restaurant
5/13/16 FriAddison Circle Park
5/14/16 SatCommunity Beer Co.
5/15/16 SunWest 7th
5/15/16 SunBishop Arts District
5/21/16 SatGlobe Life Park in Arlington
- The Oak Cliff DISD Trustee Race Has Turned Ugly by Eric Celeste
- Are the Stars Trying To Keep Blues Fans From Buying Tickets? by Tim Rogers
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Rocker Husband’s Music Is About What You’d Expect by Alex Macon
- Let’s Talk About How to Fix Dallas Schools by Jason Heid
- Everything this Dallas Housewife Touches Turns to Instagram Followers by S. Holland Murphy
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »