True confession: I’m a cookbook addict. Love them. Do I use them all? Of course not. (Yes, I’m looking at you The French Laundry Cookbook with your 48-step recipes and prep work that alone requires three days.) But over the weekend, I cracked open the Dallas Museum of Art League’s The Artful Table—a favorite of mine—and made chilled Senegalese soup, a fragrant blend of curry, cayene, chicken, apples, and plenty of half & half. It reminded me of other local favorites like Paula Lambert’s The Cheese Lover’s Cookbook and Grady Spears’ The Texas Cowboy Kitchen (roasted poblano mac-n-cheese = OMG good). So, I thought I’d ask you: SideDishers, what are your favorite local cookbooks?
- Why Everyone Needs to Read Steve Blow’s Pro-Highway Argument by Peter Simek
- Fact Checking Museum Tower’s Bold Sales Claim by Tim Rogers
- Have Questions About Home-Rule Effort? Ask Them Here. by Krista Nightengale
- Leading Off (3/4/14) by Tim Rogers
- Two Quick Notes About the Efforts To Make DISD a Home-Rule District by Eric Celeste
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.