I’m sorry I can’t show you some fancier stuff from Plaza Athenee, but nothing is more embarrassing than whipping out your digital camera in Alain Ducasse, even if it’s just breakfast. (Even if I could get a reservation, I certainly couldn’t afford to eat there.) The silver tray of pastries brought tears to my eyes, but all I have to show for it is a handy little brochure with pretty illustrations explaining what I ate and a recipe for homemade Nutella. But I digress. I just wanted to show you this little ditty, which they brought to us in the bar: pineapple sushi. Homemade pina colada marshmallows–the spungiest little things you ever put in your mouth–were topped with ultra-thin slices of fresh pineapple, served with a side of pina colada reduction and shaved coconut. It was unlike anything I had ever tasted, and because we were one of only two tables at the bar–it doesn’t get hopping until late night–I didn’t feel too dumb snapping this photo.
- Truth & Alibi
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- The 10 Most Beautiful Homes in Dallas 2014 by The D Home Editors
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- Dirk Nowitzki Takes Even Bigger Discount, Is The Best by Zac Crain
- The Barrett Brown Review of Arts and Letters and Jail: There Was a Bad Mutha Who Lived in an SHU by Barrett Brown
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Morning News Says Mike Rawlings Should Run Again Because Mary Suhm by Eric Celeste
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- My Detente With the Avian Kingdom Is At An End by Zac Crain
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.