I’m sorry I can’t show you some fancier stuff from Plaza Athenee, but nothing is more embarrassing than whipping out your digital camera in Alain Ducasse, even if it’s just breakfast. (Even if I could get a reservation, I certainly couldn’t afford to eat there.) The silver tray of pastries brought tears to my eyes, but all I have to show for it is a handy little brochure with pretty illustrations explaining what I ate and a recipe for homemade Nutella. But I digress. I just wanted to show you this little ditty, which they brought to us in the bar: pineapple sushi. Homemade pina colada marshmallows–the spungiest little things you ever put in your mouth–were topped with ultra-thin slices of fresh pineapple, served with a side of pina colada reduction and shaved coconut. It was unlike anything I had ever tasted, and because we were one of only two tables at the bar–it doesn’t get hopping until late night–I didn’t feel too dumb snapping this photo.
8/23/14 SatMain Street Garden
8/26/14 TueSevy's Grill
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- Brendan Higgins Arrested in Aspen by Tim Rogers
- American Airlines Outsources Its In-Flight Magazine by Tim Rogers
- About the Use of the Word ‘Portmanteau’ in Our July Issue by Tim Rogers
- Brendan Higgins Fired From Channel 11 by Tim Rogers
- About the Teenager Who Lived in Walmart: I Think That Was Art. by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.