When the food editor of D Magazine and SideDish tells you to eat at Relais de L’Entrecote, and then several people second that motion, you cannot help but check into your hotel and run immediately for the nearest red awning. (In our case, it was the restaurant on rue Marbeuf, near the Champs-Elysees.) Besides, we were STARVING, so we couldn’t wait to fill our bellies with a simple salad topped with walnuts, that beautiful steak frites with magical buttery sauce, and vin rouge. There was a line out the door (always a good sign), the waitress barely spoke English, and I barely speak French. (About the only thing I’ve retained from my years of French in high school and college is je vais a la piscine!) But it didn’t matter. We had what amounted to an amazing meal–made all the more amazing because we were famished. Well, here I am, back in my hotel, barely lucid enough to type because I’m in a food coma. So what do I do? I eat macaroons, of course. Ah, Paris in springtime. Until tomorrow, dear Dishers.
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Morning News Says Mike Rawlings Should Run Again Because Mary Suhm by Eric Celeste
- Emmanuel Mudiay to Earn $1.2M in Chinese League by Bradford Pearson
- Leading Off (7/22/14) by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.