When the food editor of D Magazine and SideDish tells you to eat at Relais de L’Entrecote, and then several people second that motion, you cannot help but check into your hotel and run immediately for the nearest red awning. (In our case, it was the restaurant on rue Marbeuf, near the Champs-Elysees.) Besides, we were STARVING, so we couldn’t wait to fill our bellies with a simple salad topped with walnuts, that beautiful steak frites with magical buttery sauce, and vin rouge. There was a line out the door (always a good sign), the waitress barely spoke English, and I barely speak French. (About the only thing I’ve retained from my years of French in high school and college is je vais a la piscine!) But it didn’t matter. We had what amounted to an amazing meal–made all the more amazing because we were famished. Well, here I am, back in my hotel, barely lucid enough to type because I’m in a food coma. So what do I do? I eat macaroons, of course. Ah, Paris in springtime. Until tomorrow, dear Dishers.
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
- How Chart Westcott Raised $1.2 Million for a State Rep Race and Only Got 30 Percent of the Vote by Eric Celeste
- A Lament for John Carona by Wick Allison
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.