Dearest Drew. Thank you for your recommendation of Satsuma. After a cruise through Fortnum & Mason–where I wanted to buy beautiful handmade Easter eggs, every kind of marmalade known to man, and dainty little cakes–we walked over to Wardour Street until we ran into one of the restaurants mentioned here. It’s been a long day for us–we just arrived at London Heathrow at about 10:45 this morning–so I can’t say much beyond bento box=good. Loved the little salad with scallops, shrimp, and calamari and the crunchy vegetarian roll (see right). Miso soup was warm and comforting. Crispy shrimp reminded me of a Middle Eastern pastry. The only not-so-hot items in the box were the tuna and salmon sashimi. They were just so-so. My sister had the chicken katsu bento box, and the crispy breaded chicken was hearty and just as delicious. We are very happy girls–and even though it’s only 7:30 pm here, we’re in our jammies and ready to crash. Next time we’re here (we come back on April 8 & 9, actually) I hope to try Rasa. Thank you, foodie friends! Stay tuned for more of my European eating adventures.
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- Poll: What Does the Uptown Sam’s Club Say About City Government? by Jason Heid
- 8 Achievable Steps to Improve Urbanism by Peter Simek
- The Best Thing Written So Far About the John Wiley Price Indictment by Peter Simek
- Judgmental Map of Dallas by Krista Nightengale
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.