Dearest Drew. Thank you for your recommendation of Satsuma. After a cruise through Fortnum & Mason–where I wanted to buy beautiful handmade Easter eggs, every kind of marmalade known to man, and dainty little cakes–we walked over to Wardour Street until we ran into one of the restaurants mentioned here. It’s been a long day for us–we just arrived at London Heathrow at about 10:45 this morning–so I can’t say much beyond bento box=good. Loved the little salad with scallops, shrimp, and calamari and the crunchy vegetarian roll (see right). Miso soup was warm and comforting. Crispy shrimp reminded me of a Middle Eastern pastry. The only not-so-hot items in the box were the tuna and salmon sashimi. They were just so-so. My sister had the chicken katsu bento box, and the crispy breaded chicken was hearty and just as delicious. We are very happy girls–and even though it’s only 7:30 pm here, we’re in our jammies and ready to crash. Next time we’re here (we come back on April 8 & 9, actually) I hope to try Rasa. Thank you, foodie friends! Stay tuned for more of my European eating adventures.
- Save Your Nelson Mandela Status Messages, the Omni Dallas Just Won by Bradford Pearson
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- Libertine Bar
- The Loon Must Move to a New Location in Dallas by Nancy Nichols
- Courtney Loves Dallas Episode 1 Recap by Tim Rogers
- Exclusive McFarland Cuisine Report: Which Dallas Restaurants are Open Today by Nancy Nichols
- The Cowboys-Bears Bet by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (12/9/13) by Cristina Daglas
- Pearl Cup on Henderson Closes, Austin-Based Houndstooth Coffee Takes Over by Carol Shih
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.