Last week I was lured into Pappadeaux for their Monday and Tuesday night special: $3.95 per 1 1/4 pound of crawfish, with potatoes and corn. The place was jammed, and as a result, the waitstaff was overwhelmed. Our server was very nice and kept apologizing for the long waits on everything–drinks, bread, entrees, check–but it was clear that they were just understaffed. He was trying his hardest and we didn’t hold it against him. Here is a pic of the crawfish. For $4, it was a good amount (though there was just one lonely potato and one small piece of corn), and the crawfish were really big, but I’m not dying to return. I’d rather pay more and get better service, a cleaner table, and perhaps something to wipe my hands with after I’ve eaten. I’ve had crawfish at Dodie’s that I really enjoyed (lips burned for hours after eating), but I’m wondering where everyone else goes. Lemme know, because I feel a craving coming on…
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Morning News Says Mike Rawlings Should Run Again Because Mary Suhm by Eric Celeste
- Poll: Should Mike Rawlings Run Again? by Jason Heid
- Emmanuel Mudiay to Earn $1.2M in Chinese League by Bradford Pearson
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.