So I was at a media dinner last night at BlackFinn in Addison (more on that later), and I had a fun chat with BlackFinn PR rep Millie Sessions. Well, you may recall the Cheap Eats cover story in D Magazine in February. I can’t remember exactly how this came up, but Millie was saying how Anthony Bombaci, executive chef at Nana, loves to take his kids to Costco on the weekends for $1 hot dogs. (Full disclosure: I have not called Costco to fact check this. I’m just reporting a conversation, yo. And I stole this photo from Wikipedia.) And I thought to myself, THIS is a fine idea for a cheap eat–especially for families. And then I told her that I was going to blog it today. And so I did. And it makes me want a hot dog. Thanks, Anthony. P.S. I’m still thinking about your snickered foie gras.
3/3/15 TueWhole Foods Market Lakewood
3/7/15 SatWhole Foods Market at Park Lane
3/11/15 WedTexas de Brazil
3/14/15 SatCommunity Beer Garden
3/19/15 ThuDallas Arts District
3/19/15 ThuKettle Art
3/26/15 ThuBilly Bob's Texas
- A Less Than Objective Recap of the Festival of Ideas by Krista Nightengale
- Tom Spicer Died Today by Nancy Nichols
- Austin-Based Royal Blue Grocery Store to Open in Highland Park Village by Nancy Nichols
- How the DMN Misleads People About DISD by Tim Rogers
- Snowmaggedon 2015 Has Arrived by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »