So I was at a media dinner last night at BlackFinn in Addison (more on that later), and I had a fun chat with BlackFinn PR rep Millie Sessions. Well, you may recall the Cheap Eats cover story in D Magazine in February. I can’t remember exactly how this came up, but Millie was saying how Anthony Bombaci, executive chef at Nana, loves to take his kids to Costco on the weekends for $1 hot dogs. (Full disclosure: I have not called Costco to fact check this. I’m just reporting a conversation, yo. And I stole this photo from Wikipedia.) And I thought to myself, THIS is a fine idea for a cheap eat–especially for families. And then I told her that I was going to blog it today. And so I did. And it makes me want a hot dog. Thanks, Anthony. P.S. I’m still thinking about your snickered foie gras.
11/1/14 SatGilley's Dallas
- Does Your Dallas ZIP Code Speak for Itself? by Ali Finney
- Truck Yard
- The New Glenn Beck by Michael J. Mooney
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- Leslie Brenner Steps Out From Behind the Curtain and Reveals Her Face by Nancy Nichols
- Robert Edsel Is a Little Confused About What ‘Humble’ Means by Tim Rogers
- DMN Story on DISD Salaries Suffers From Bad Case of Overreach by Eric Celeste
- There Was No Debate About the Trinity Toll Road at the Stemmons Corridor Business Association Luncheon by Peter Simek
- Poll: When Will Texas Have a Blue Governor? by Jason Heid
- Finance Panel: Southern Dallas Just Needs More George Baileys by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »