The Colorado-based Sunflower Farmers Market in Plano has changed its name to Newflower Farmers Market. According to Ed at the location in Plano, the company lost the right to use the name Sunflower to a food distribution center that owns the right to the name in Texas. So, they renamed it Newflower, which is Sunflowers actual corporate name. I have not been to the Plano store, but a gal in the D office loves to shop there. “It’s like a poor man’s Whole Foods,” she said. “I wish there was one close to us.” She is going to get her wish—the next store in our area will open March 17 in the old Carnival Food Store space on Henderson. Tomorrow in Austin. (So many flowers, so little time.)
- What Restaurant or Cuisine Does Dallas Need? by Nancy Nichols
- Henderson Tap House to Open in January With a Lengthy Dress Code by Nancy Nichols
- Bon Voyage, #chaneldallas by Cristina Daglas
- Leading Off (12/11/13) by Krista Nightengale
- Lakewood Brewing Co. Released its Bourbon Barrel Temptress During the Ice Storm by Matthew Shelley
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.