I stopped to grab a coffee at Einstein’s Bros. Bagels at Mockingbird and Abrams on my way in to work (their Winter Blend is one of my favorite drip coffees of all time, but moving on). I pulled up and there was a tent of sorts outside the store, which I thought might be an efficiency measure for people picking up bagels by the dozen. Nope. The store is undergoing remodeling through Wednesday, and until then they’re giving away bagels, schmears, muffins, and coffee. I really just wanted a coffee (no Winter Blend, however they had my second favorite, Vanilla Hazelnut, on tap), but the kindly bageler insisted I take some food, too. I asked for one cinnamon raisin bagel (my son’s favorite), and when I got in my car, found that he had put in two. Go getcha some.
- Save Your Nelson Mandela Status Messages, the Omni Dallas Just Won by Bradford Pearson
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- Libertine Bar
- The Loon Must Move to a New Location in Dallas by Nancy Nichols
- Courtney Loves Dallas Episode 1 Recap by Tim Rogers
- Exclusive McFarland Cuisine Report: Which Dallas Restaurants are Open Today by Nancy Nichols
- The Cowboys-Bears Bet by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (12/9/13) by Cristina Daglas
- Pearl Cup on Henderson Closes, Austin-Based Houndstooth Coffee Takes Over by Carol Shih
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.