I stopped to grab a coffee at Einstein’s Bros. Bagels at Mockingbird and Abrams on my way in to work (their Winter Blend is one of my favorite drip coffees of all time, but moving on). I pulled up and there was a tent of sorts outside the store, which I thought might be an efficiency measure for people picking up bagels by the dozen. Nope. The store is undergoing remodeling through Wednesday, and until then they’re giving away bagels, schmears, muffins, and coffee. I really just wanted a coffee (no Winter Blend, however they had my second favorite, Vanilla Hazelnut, on tap), but the kindly bageler insisted I take some food, too. I asked for one cinnamon raisin bagel (my son’s favorite), and when I got in my car, found that he had put in two. Go getcha some.
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- Cedars Social Closed for One Night by Nancy Nichols
- Why We Devoted 10,000 Words to DPD’s Child Abuse Squad by Cristina Daglas
- Big Fire Near Trinity Forest Continues To Burn by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.