I stopped to grab a coffee at Einstein’s Bros. Bagels at Mockingbird and Abrams on my way in to work (their Winter Blend is one of my favorite drip coffees of all time, but moving on). I pulled up and there was a tent of sorts outside the store, which I thought might be an efficiency measure for people picking up bagels by the dozen. Nope. The store is undergoing remodeling through Wednesday, and until then they’re giving away bagels, schmears, muffins, and coffee. I really just wanted a coffee (no Winter Blend, however they had my second favorite, Vanilla Hazelnut, on tap), but the kindly bageler insisted I take some food, too. I asked for one cinnamon raisin bagel (my son’s favorite), and when I got in my car, found that he had put in two. Go getcha some.
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Morning News Says Mike Rawlings Should Run Again Because Mary Suhm by Eric Celeste
- Poll: Should Mike Rawlings Run Again? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.