I was just cruising Harry Hines and I stopped in to Antoine’s just near the Oak Lawn intersection. Ordered my usual: minced ham, with chow chow, provolone cheese, and extra pickles. A deal at $2.99. Antoine’s has been around at least 30, maybe even 40 years and they haven’t changed their menu of Po-Boy sandwiches much. The original is also a great sandwich (ham and German salami with the same condiments I listed above) and the homemade baklava is delicious. They run daily specials and you can get a sandwich, chips, and a drink for $3.69. (4234 Harry Hines. 214-528-5291)
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- A Look at Kidd Kraddick’s Show A Year After His Death by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.