I was just cruising Harry Hines and I stopped in to Antoine’s just near the Oak Lawn intersection. Ordered my usual: minced ham, with chow chow, provolone cheese, and extra pickles. A deal at $2.99. Antoine’s has been around at least 30, maybe even 40 years and they haven’t changed their menu of Po-Boy sandwiches much. The original is also a great sandwich (ham and German salami with the same condiments I listed above) and the homemade baklava is delicious. They run daily specials and you can get a sandwich, chips, and a drink for $3.69. (4234 Harry Hines. 214-528-5291)
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Mike Morath Statement on Support Our Public Schools’ Home Rule Effort by Eric Celeste
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.