Teresa Gubbins reports Waltrina Stovall, former restaurant critic for the Dallas Morning News, died on Tuesday at Baylor Medical Center. She was 71. Waltrina’s voice in the food writing community will be missed–she was straightforward and never shy to tell you how she really felt. Teresa was a long-time colleague and friend of Waltrina’s. For more, read Teresa’s story.
Read This Next
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- The Best New Restaurants in Dallas by Nancy Nichols
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- Best Dallas Suburbs
- Pecan Lodge Is Moving From Dallas Farmers Market to Deep Ellum by Nancy Nichols
- The Loon Must Move to a New Location in Dallas by Nancy Nichols
- Give Us Feedback on the New Design by Tim Rogers
- Cash McElroy: The Other Side of the Story by Tim Rogers
- Teiichi Sakurai Will Open a Ramen Shop in Sylvan|Thirty Called ‘Ten’ by Carol Shih
- Help Us Establish Cowboys-Bears Wager by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.