Every year I contemplate how I’m going to prepare my turkey and I get all excited about trying something new. Then I remember I’m blessed with a mother who insists on making the turkey herself because, in her words, she does it best (love you, Mom). But this year is my first official Thanksgiving with my soon-to-be-in-laws and I was going to offer to cook the turkey. I’ve heard about the brown bag turkey recipe for years, but always shied away from it because it sounded odd and a little disgusting. Well, I’m still intrigued. I’ve heard the turkey will either come out moist and flavorful or it will burn your house down. Has anyone tried this? Good or bad?
Read This Next
- Does Your Dallas ZIP Code Speak for Itself? by Ali Finney
- Truck Yard
- The New Glenn Beck by Michael J. Mooney
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- Leslie Brenner Steps Out From Behind the Curtain and Reveals Her Face by Nancy Nichols
- Robert Edsel Is a Little Confused About What ‘Humble’ Means by Tim Rogers
- DMN Story on DISD Salaries Suffers From Bad Case of Overreach by Eric Celeste
- There Was No Debate About the Trinity Toll Road at the Stemmons Corridor Business Association Luncheon by Peter Simek
- Poll: When Will Texas Have a Blue Governor? by Jason Heid
- Finance Panel: Southern Dallas Just Needs More George Baileys by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »