Every year I contemplate how I’m going to prepare my turkey and I get all excited about trying something new. Then I remember I’m blessed with a mother who insists on making the turkey herself because, in her words, she does it best (love you, Mom). But this year is my first official Thanksgiving with my soon-to-be-in-laws and I was going to offer to cook the turkey. I’ve heard about the brown bag turkey recipe for years, but always shied away from it because it sounded odd and a little disgusting. Well, I’m still intrigued. I’ve heard the turkey will either come out moist and flavorful or it will burn your house down. Has anyone tried this? Good or bad?
Read This Next
- Questions About Jill Jordan’s Bewildering ‘Trinity Lakes’ Briefing by Wylie H. Dallas
- Dallas: ‘City of Hate’ vs. ‘Plague City’ by Peter Simek
- First Take: Henry’s Majestic by Catherine Downes
- Poll: What Will the Trinity Lakes Look Like? by Jason Heid
- Leading Off (10/17/14) by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »