Every year I contemplate how I’m going to prepare my turkey and I get all excited about trying something new. Then I remember I’m blessed with a mother who insists on making the turkey herself because, in her words, she does it best (love you, Mom). But this year is my first official Thanksgiving with my soon-to-be-in-laws and I was going to offer to cook the turkey. I’ve heard about the brown bag turkey recipe for years, but always shied away from it because it sounded odd and a little disgusting. Well, I’m still intrigued. I’ve heard the turkey will either come out moist and flavorful or it will burn your house down. Has anyone tried this? Good or bad?
Read This Next
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Morning News Says Mike Rawlings Should Run Again Because Mary Suhm by Eric Celeste
- Poll: Should Mike Rawlings Run Again? by Jason Heid
- A Look at Kidd Kraddick’s Show A Year After His Death by Zac Crain
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.