So here I am in Kennebunkport, Maine, where we narrowly escaped Hurricane Kyle. (Apparently it swung east. Hooray!) Did this stop us from enjoying ourselves? Of course not–because there were lobster rolls to be had. We drove in from Boston–we had this big idea to take in the fall foliage along the way, which turned out to be a bad idea because it was dark and raining and we couldn’t see the foliage, anyway–and we got lost heading to White Barn Inn, where we are staying. (We asked for directions four times and finally made it.) Friday night we stopped at Alisson’s Restaurant, where there is a famous lobster roll, apparently. And, because I knew I was coming to New England, I had been fantasizing about lobster rolls for a week. To start I had a special: cheeseburger soup, which was kinda like queso (nice!), all spicy and loaded with ground beef. The “famous” lobster roll was stuffed full of sweet meat, doused with mayo, and served with too-sweet coleslaw and pickle chips. It was mighty tasty, but I wasn’t convinced it deserved its famous billing. I washed it all down with Sam Adams Oktoberfest–then slept like a baby at the White Barn. Although it started off a little rough, the day ended up a-okay. Funny what a little lobster and beer can do.
5/3/16 TueOptimized Living Institute
5/7/16 SatOak Cliff Cultural Center
5/7/16 SatPanther Island Pavilion
5/7/16 SatVarious locations
5/12/16 ThuFixture Restaurant
5/13/16 FriAddison Circle Park
5/14/16 SatCommunity Beer Co.
5/15/16 SunWest 7th
5/15/16 SunBishop Arts District
5/21/16 SatGlobe Life Park in Arlington
- Best Hotel Pools in Dallas
- Go Inside the Homes of Bravo's Real Housewives of Dallas by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Breakfasts in Dallas by D Magazine
- My Office: Alan White by Jeanne Prejean
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- Drama Unfolds With Ousting of Dallas Summer Musicals President Michael Jenkins by Alex Macon
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Episode 4 Recap by Tim Rogers
- Is Anyone Else a Little Creeped Out By the Idea of a Homeless Concentration Camp? by Peter Simek
- Will Ousting of Dallas Summer Musicals Honcho Impact Fair Park’s Future? by Peter Simek
- Dallas Design Events to Enjoy This May by Caitlin Clark
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »