The other day, former D Empire employee cum Central Marketer Aimee Deputy stopped by the office to drop off some Spanish goodies that I later (clumsily) assembled into an antipasto plate at home (see pic at left). The savories included (clockwise from top) Paletta Iberico boneless ham ($119.99/lb.), Garrotxa cheese, Fermin Iberico Bellotta boneless ham ($179.99/lb.), quince paste or membrillo, Manchego cheese, baguette, and Marcona almonds in the middle. It was all delicious, and I enjoyed layering the items to achieve the perfect bite of salty, nutty, meaty, sweet. Of course a hearty glass of Spanish rosé made for a nice accompaniment. Olé!
- What Restaurant or Cuisine Does Dallas Need? by Nancy Nichols
- Henderson Tap House to Open in January With a Lengthy Dress Code by Nancy Nichols
- Bon Voyage, #chaneldallas by Cristina Daglas
- Leading Off (12/11/13) by Krista Nightengale
- Lakewood Brewing Co. Released its Bourbon Barrel Temptress During the Ice Storm by Matthew Shelley
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.