So the other night I’m watchin’ the last season of Prison Break (Hi, JJ!) and I’m stunned when I see the Dallas Farmers Market doubling as a street scene in Panama. Silly me, I didn’t know a lot of the show was shot in Dallas. What I do know, thanks to a big acorn that just fell from the tree, is that last night Perry’s Restaurant became the “set” for not one, but two television shows. One side of the restaurant, The First 48 filmed seven Dallas homicide detectives celebrating the outcome of a brutal crime case solved. Across the room, The Real Housewives of Orange County shot a dinner scene featuring the show’s stars Vicki Gunvalson, Jeana Keough, Lauri Peterson, Tamra Barney, and Gretchen Rossi discussing their struggle to find balance and fulfillment in their demanding lives filled with careers, children, and men. Needless to say, owners Amie & Clay Bergus, and partner/chef Travis Henderson were more than busy last night. More scenes to be filmed tonight? Dunno. Perry’s, wassup?
Read This Next
- It Is Time to for Some Real Leadership and Vision in Downtown Dallas by Peter Simek
- SAGA Pod: Jim Schutze on JWP, Inland Ports, DISD, and Hippies by Eric Celeste
- Judgmental Map of Dallas, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Judgmental Map of Dallas by Krista Nightengale
- On the Removal of Our Story ‘Up in the Air’ by Cristina Daglas
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.