The Mansion on Turtle Creek’s Scott Barber is named Texas’ Best Sommelier 2008. The prize–$2500 for Court of Master Sommelier education and bragging rights for a year. Two Dallas sommeliers tied for third place–D’Lynn Proctor from Wine’tastic and Kim Wood from Pappas Bros. Steakhouse. Second place went to San Antonio’s Laura Atkinson. Congratulations, all. Photos and video clips to come.
Read This Next
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Morning News Says Mike Rawlings Should Run Again Because Mary Suhm by Eric Celeste
- Poll: Should Mike Rawlings Run Again? by Jason Heid
- Emmanuel Mudiay to Earn $1.2M in Chinese League by Bradford Pearson
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.