The Mansion on Turtle Creek’s Scott Barber is named Texas’ Best Sommelier 2008. The prize–$2500 for Court of Master Sommelier education and bragging rights for a year. Two Dallas sommeliers tied for third place–D’Lynn Proctor from Wine’tastic and Kim Wood from Pappas Bros. Steakhouse. Second place went to San Antonio’s Laura Atkinson. Congratulations, all. Photos and video clips to come.
Read This Next
- Judgmental Map of Dallas, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- Judgmental Map of Dallas by Krista Nightengale
- Poll: What Does the Uptown Sam’s Club Say About City Government? by Jason Heid
- 8 Achievable Steps to Improve Urbanism by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.