If someone is Dallas is doing this, please invite me. Illegal underground dinners held in private homes, organized by chefs or restaurants, and operated for under-the-table money are the rage. Yow. Zah. Think of it as a dinner party with great food and wine for way less money than you’d pay in a restaurant. And you like everybody in the restaurant! If it sounds like off-the-books catering, it is, but “secret underground dinner” sounds so much sexier. I bet TABC is buying camouflage outfits as I write. (Tip of the toque to Gastronome for the link.)
Read This Next
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Morning News Says Mike Rawlings Should Run Again Because Mary Suhm by Eric Celeste
- Emmanuel Mudiay to Earn $1.2M in Chinese League by Bradford Pearson
- Leading Off (7/22/14) by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.