Last night was our annual Best of Big D party, which, this year, was a dressed-up affair held at the Dallas Galleria in a space sandwiched between Grill on the Alley and SushiSamba. Pre-party festivities included drinks with Eric and Stephanie at SushiSamba’s bar, where we were able to take advantage of the restaurant’s happy hour specials. I ordered the Sambatini (for just $5), made from juices, muddled citrus fruit, and Bacardi rum. Steph ordered hers with citron vodka instead of rum, which was an improvement over my version. SushiSamba also offers $5 beer and well drinks, $5 samba rolls, and $5 appetizers (hello, green bean tempura) during its 5 to 7 p.m. happy hour. Bottoms up.
- What Restaurant or Cuisine Does Dallas Need? by Nancy Nichols
- Henderson Tap House to Open in January With a Lengthy Dress Code by Nancy Nichols
- Bon Voyage, #chaneldallas by Cristina Daglas
- Leading Off (12/11/13) by Krista Nightengale
- Lakewood Brewing Co. Released its Bourbon Barrel Temptress During the Ice Storm by Matthew Shelley
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.