Last night was our annual Best of Big D party, which, this year, was a dressed-up affair held at the Dallas Galleria in a space sandwiched between Grill on the Alley and SushiSamba. Pre-party festivities included drinks with Eric and Stephanie at SushiSamba’s bar, where we were able to take advantage of the restaurant’s happy hour specials. I ordered the Sambatini (for just $5), made from juices, muddled citrus fruit, and Bacardi rum. Steph ordered hers with citron vodka instead of rum, which was an improvement over my version. SushiSamba also offers $5 beer and well drinks, $5 samba rolls, and $5 appetizers (hello, green bean tempura) during its 5 to 7 p.m. happy hour. Bottoms up.
Read This Next
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- Cedars Social Closed for One Night by Nancy Nichols
- My Five Cents: Food Criticism, F-Bombs, and Firing the Messenger by Nancy Nichols
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.