Last night was our annual Best of Big D party, which, this year, was a dressed-up affair held at the Dallas Galleria in a space sandwiched between Grill on the Alley and SushiSamba. Pre-party festivities included drinks with Eric and Stephanie at SushiSamba’s bar, where we were able to take advantage of the restaurant’s happy hour specials. I ordered the Sambatini (for just $5), made from juices, muddled citrus fruit, and Bacardi rum. Steph ordered hers with citron vodka instead of rum, which was an improvement over my version. SushiSamba also offers $5 beer and well drinks, $5 samba rolls, and $5 appetizers (hello, green bean tempura) during its 5 to 7 p.m. happy hour. Bottoms up.
Read This Next
8/28/14 ThuDel Frisco's Grille
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- Poll: Should City of Dallas Workers Live Here? by Jason Heid
- First Day of School! Except Where Kids Have Already Had 100 Hours of Instruction. by Eric Celeste
- How an Office Romance Went Off the Rails and Brought Down the NCPA’s John Goodman by Glenn Hunter
- Managed Toll Lanes Are Taking Over North Texas by Tim Rogers
- A New DISD Dad Offers Thoughts on How to Recruit More Parents by Eric Celeste
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.