My 16-going-on-40-year old niece Taylor (left) grew up eating queso at Mi Cocina in Preston Forest. When she was 18 months old she would see the water tower behind the shopping center and mumble, “Mi Cocina!” If we didn’t stop, she’d get upset. Same story for 8-year old Hannah (right). Talk about branding a taste profile–last night Mi Cocina, as usual, was full of little rugrats having their palate implanted with Mico’s Tex-Mex while their parents sipped deceptively strong Mambo Taxis. I have been going to that location since it opened and I have to admit that despite the expansion, additions, and competition that has come and gone, it’s comforting to find recognizable faces still working the floor. I’m sure you have family favs and I’d love to know them.(Are they just the cutest?)
Read This Next
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Morning News Says Mike Rawlings Should Run Again Because Mary Suhm by Eric Celeste
- Poll: Should Mike Rawlings Run Again? by Jason Heid
- Emmanuel Mudiay to Earn $1.2M in Chinese League by Bradford Pearson
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.