My 16-going-on-40-year old niece Taylor (left) grew up eating queso at Mi Cocina in Preston Forest. When she was 18 months old she would see the water tower behind the shopping center and mumble, “Mi Cocina!” If we didn’t stop, she’d get upset. Same story for 8-year old Hannah (right). Talk about branding a taste profile–last night Mi Cocina, as usual, was full of little rugrats having their palate implanted with Mico’s Tex-Mex while their parents sipped deceptively strong Mambo Taxis. I have been going to that location since it opened and I have to admit that despite the expansion, additions, and competition that has come and gone, it’s comforting to find recognizable faces still working the floor. I’m sure you have family favs and I’d love to know them.(Are they just the cutest?)
Read This Next
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (3/7/14) by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.