That would be Al Biernat’s, the restaurant as Al is well past his teenage years. I don’t have any details on what the Alster is doing for his birthday, but feisty (Hi, Blue You!) Canary Cafe chef-owner Mansour Gorji is planning a month-long celebration. Tuesdays through Saturdays in July, he’ll offer a special five-course Mediterranean menu for $50 (alcohol not included, dang.) For each anniversary dinner or Canary Cafe product you buy, chef Gorji will donate $5 to the North Texas Food Bank I don’t know about you, I mean, how could I, but I do know I love pan seared sardines and I’ll be able to eat them whenever chef Gorji can find them.
Read This Next
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
9/24/14 WedThe Libertine Bar
- The 10 Most Eligible Men in Dallas
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- How an Office Romance Went Off the Rails and Brought Down the NCPA’s John Goodman by Glenn Hunter
- You Must Go to the Dallas Chocolate Festival by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Jay Jerrier Hates Children, Takes Away Their Fountain at White Rock Cane Rosso by Tim Rogers
- Classical Music Criticism in Dallas: It’s Time for a Makeover by Catherine Womack
- Behind the Scenes of the Dallas 40 Cover Shoot by Jason Heid
- Leading Off (8/28/14) by Zac Crain
- CMS Again Alleges Parkland Safety Lapse Resulted In Patient Harm by Matt Goodman
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.