That would be Al Biernat’s, the restaurant as Al is well past his teenage years. I don’t have any details on what the Alster is doing for his birthday, but feisty (Hi, Blue You!) Canary Cafe chef-owner Mansour Gorji is planning a month-long celebration. Tuesdays through Saturdays in July, he’ll offer a special five-course Mediterranean menu for $50 (alcohol not included, dang.) For each anniversary dinner or Canary Cafe product you buy, chef Gorji will donate $5 to the North Texas Food Bank I don’t know about you, I mean, how could I, but I do know I love pan seared sardines and I’ll be able to eat them whenever chef Gorji can find them.
Read This Next
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (3/7/14) by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.