That would be Al Biernat’s, the restaurant as Al is well past his teenage years. I don’t have any details on what the Alster is doing for his birthday, but feisty (Hi, Blue You!) Canary Cafe chef-owner Mansour Gorji is planning a month-long celebration. Tuesdays through Saturdays in July, he’ll offer a special five-course Mediterranean menu for $50 (alcohol not included, dang.) For each anniversary dinner or Canary Cafe product you buy, chef Gorji will donate $5 to the North Texas Food Bank I don’t know about you, I mean, how could I, but I do know I love pan seared sardines and I’ll be able to eat them whenever chef Gorji can find them.
Read This Next
8/23/14 SatMain Street Garden
8/23/14 SatRabbit Hole Brewing
8/26/14 TueSevy's Grill
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- Brendan Higgins Fired From Channel 11 by Tim Rogers
- American Airlines Outsources Its In-Flight Magazine by Tim Rogers
- Huey P. Newton Gun Club Marches in Dallas To Protest Police Shootings by Tim Rogers
- DMagazine.com Seeks Online Managing Editor by Jason Heid
- About the Use of the Word ‘Portmanteau’ in Our July Issue by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.