I don’t know if Shinsei is participating in this all-things-pink weekend surrounding the opening of Sex and the City, but last night I spied a couple of folks sipping this gorgeous drink at the upstairs bar and had to give it a try. (I hear everything, including the popcorn, at the Inwood Theater is going to be pink, yuck.) Instead of muddling mint, the bartender grabbed a handful of organic (natch) red basil and mashed it with sugar and rum. According to said bartender, they only make ‘em when they can get the red basil. When I left last night, he still had half of a bag. We were in the other.
Read This Next
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- 8 Achievable Steps to Improve Urbanism by Peter Simek
- Poll: What Does the Uptown Sam’s Club Say About City Government? by Jason Heid
- The Best Thing Written So Far About the John Wiley Price Indictment by Peter Simek
- Why the Cotton Bowl Still Has Value as a Sports Facility by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.