I don’t know if Shinsei is participating in this all-things-pink weekend surrounding the opening of Sex and the City, but last night I spied a couple of folks sipping this gorgeous drink at the upstairs bar and had to give it a try. (I hear everything, including the popcorn, at the Inwood Theater is going to be pink, yuck.) Instead of muddling mint, the bartender grabbed a handful of organic (natch) red basil and mashed it with sugar and rum. According to said bartender, they only make ‘em when they can get the red basil. When I left last night, he still had half of a bag. We were in the other.
Read This Next
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- The Best New Restaurants in Dallas by Nancy Nichols
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- Best Dallas Suburbs
- Pecan Lodge Is Moving From Dallas Farmers Market to Deep Ellum by Nancy Nichols
- The Loon Must Move to a New Location in Dallas by Nancy Nichols
- Give Us Feedback on the New Design by Tim Rogers
- Cash McElroy: The Other Side of the Story by Tim Rogers
- Teiichi Sakurai Will Open a Ramen Shop in Sylvan|Thirty Called ‘Ten’ by Carol Shih
- Help Us Establish Cowboys-Bears Wager by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.