I don’t know if Shinsei is participating in this all-things-pink weekend surrounding the opening of Sex and the City, but last night I spied a couple of folks sipping this gorgeous drink at the upstairs bar and had to give it a try. (I hear everything, including the popcorn, at the Inwood Theater is going to be pink, yuck.) Instead of muddling mint, the bartender grabbed a handful of organic (natch) red basil and mashed it with sugar and rum. According to said bartender, they only make ‘em when they can get the red basil. When I left last night, he still had half of a bag. We were in the other.
Read This Next
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- The 10 Most Eligible Men in Dallas
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- How an Office Romance Went Off the Rails and Brought Down the NCPA’s John Goodman by Glenn Hunter
- You Must Go to the Dallas Chocolate Festival by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Poll: Should City of Dallas Workers Live Here? by Jason Heid
- Coppell Opens First ‘Net-Zero’ Elementary School in the U.S. by Hilary Lau
- Status-Quo Trustees Look to Disrupt Tomorrow’s Board Meeting Any Way They Can by Eric Celeste
- Jay Jerrier Hates Children, Takes Away Their Fountain at White Rock Cane Rosso by Tim Rogers
- Classical Music Criticism in Dallas: It’s Time for a Makeover by Catherine Womack
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.