As you may have guessed, I had dinner last night with some old (Hi, Dr. Kirkham!) friends at Shinsei. As usual the food was great: the vegetable tempura that includes avocado slices, tofu, and red peppers may be my favorite pre-meal nosh in town. Instead of ordering entrees, we loaded up on sides and sushi. And oh what a glorious meal: bok choy, broccolini, and the best Brussels sprouts EVER. I stuck to my standard bowl of veggie fried rice with an egg on top but this time I added an order of shiny and sweet shishito peppers to the mix. Ohmigod. Even better for breakfast this morning. Seriously.
Read This Next
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- Cedars Social Closed for One Night by Nancy Nichols
- Why We Devoted 10,000 Words to DPD’s Child Abuse Squad by Cristina Daglas
- Big Fire Near Trinity Forest Continues To Burn by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.