As you may have guessed, I had dinner last night with some old (Hi, Dr. Kirkham!) friends at Shinsei. As usual the food was great: the vegetable tempura that includes avocado slices, tofu, and red peppers may be my favorite pre-meal nosh in town. Instead of ordering entrees, we loaded up on sides and sushi. And oh what a glorious meal: bok choy, broccolini, and the best Brussels sprouts EVER. I stuck to my standard bowl of veggie fried rice with an egg on top but this time I added an order of shiny and sweet shishito peppers to the mix. Ohmigod. Even better for breakfast this morning. Seriously.
Read This Next
- What Restaurant or Cuisine Does Dallas Need? by Nancy Nichols
- Henderson Tap House to Open in January With a Lengthy Dress Code by Nancy Nichols
- Bon Voyage, #chaneldallas by Cristina Daglas
- Leading Off (12/11/13) by Krista Nightengale
- Lakewood Brewing Co. Released its Bourbon Barrel Temptress During the Ice Storm by Matthew Shelley
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.