Yes, it’s true. I heard the nasty rumor today and didn’t want to believe it. I immediately called Drew Hendricks and he confirmed the sad news. He’s moving to Houston to work for Pappas Restaurants as the Director of Beverage Education. How could Dallas’ hottest sommelier leave our fair city? “I want to be able to spend more time with my family,” he said. Good enough reason. I guess. He promised he’d still be around for wine dinners from time to time at Pappas Bros. Steakhouse. His replacement at Charlie Palmer is not finalized, but we are going to guess that Brandan Kelley, who has worked with Hendricks since the hot spot opened last year, will be a natural replacement. We’re going to miss you, Drew.
Read This Next
8/28/14 ThuDel Frisco's Grille
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- Poll: Should City of Dallas Workers Live Here? by Jason Heid
- First Day of School! Except Where Kids Have Already Had 100 Hours of Instruction. by Eric Celeste
- How an Office Romance Went Off the Rails and Brought Down the NCPA’s John Goodman by Glenn Hunter
- Managed Toll Lanes Are Taking Over North Texas by Tim Rogers
- A New DISD Dad Offers Thoughts on How to Recruit More Parents by Eric Celeste
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.