Yes, it’s true. I heard the nasty rumor today and didn’t want to believe it. I immediately called Drew Hendricks and he confirmed the sad news. He’s moving to Houston to work for Pappas Restaurants as the Director of Beverage Education. How could Dallas’ hottest sommelier leave our fair city? “I want to be able to spend more time with my family,” he said. Good enough reason. I guess. He promised he’d still be around for wine dinners from time to time at Pappas Bros. Steakhouse. His replacement at Charlie Palmer is not finalized, but we are going to guess that Brandan Kelley, who has worked with Hendricks since the hot spot opened last year, will be a natural replacement. We’re going to miss you, Drew.
Read This Next
- It Is Time to for Some Real Leadership and Vision in Downtown Dallas by Peter Simek
- SAGA Pod: Jim Schutze on JWP, Inland Ports, DISD, and Hippies by Eric Celeste
- Judgmental Map of Dallas, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Judgmental Map of Dallas by Krista Nightengale
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.