Enough about Shinsei, eh? On to the burgeoning corner of Inwood and Lovers. Long ago, this was the epicenter for fine dining and it’s nice to see it blossom again. Last night I saw people walking and I don’t mean exercising. They were strolling from bar to restaurant to shop windows like people who live in real metropolitan areas. (This is Dallas, right?) Bijoux, Fireside Pies, Rise No. 1, Badovinus’ new place—all lovely spots. Plus, just west OF Inwood is Café Italia and one little restaurant where I like to hide, Patry’s Bistro & Wine Bar. Don’t tell Freckle Face, but I think he and Kim “Call Me Kardashian” Harwell hit this spot too hard. Best stuffed leeks I’ve ever had. Man, I’m into italics and handing out “bests” this morning. It’s got to be something in those shishito peppers. I mean, I am hooked. Oh well, it could be worse.
Read This Next
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Morning News Says Mike Rawlings Should Run Again Because Mary Suhm by Eric Celeste
- Poll: Should Mike Rawlings Run Again? by Jason Heid
- Emmanuel Mudiay to Earn $1.2M in Chinese League by Bradford Pearson
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.