Enough about Shinsei, eh? On to the burgeoning corner of Inwood and Lovers. Long ago, this was the epicenter for fine dining and it’s nice to see it blossom again. Last night I saw people walking and I don’t mean exercising. They were strolling from bar to restaurant to shop windows like people who live in real metropolitan areas. (This is Dallas, right?) Bijoux, Fireside Pies, Rise No. 1, Badovinus’ new place—all lovely spots. Plus, just west OF Inwood is Café Italia and one little restaurant where I like to hide, Patry’s Bistro & Wine Bar. Don’t tell Freckle Face, but I think he and Kim “Call Me Kardashian” Harwell hit this spot too hard. Best stuffed leeks I’ve ever had. Man, I’m into italics and handing out “bests” this morning. It’s got to be something in those shishito peppers. I mean, I am hooked. Oh well, it could be worse.
Read This Next
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- Cedars Social Closed for One Night by Nancy Nichols
- Why We Devoted 10,000 Words to DPD’s Child Abuse Squad by Cristina Daglas
- Big Fire Near Trinity Forest Continues To Burn by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.