This chick’s name is Pamela Jenkins. In Las Vegas she is known as the Cupcake Queen. Pamela was born in Jacksboro, Texas. According to her website, she “studied in New York City, Spain, Argentina, and has traveled the globe. She is a total “foodie,” loving to visit the culinary establishments of Vegas.” Riveting. She ended up in Vegas as the executive assistant to the CEO of the Golden Nugget casino. One day she was sitting in her office reading a story in the newspaper about a woman who was selling cupcakes. In January 2006 she quit said job and opened The Cupcakery in Vegas. She sold 275,000 frickin’ cupcakes (at $2.75 a pop) in one year. This summer, The Cupcakery will open a location in The Shops at Starwood in Frisco. You’ll be interested to know that when Jenkins is not spending time creating new cupcake recipes, she spends time with her three dogs Josephine, Tora, and Calypso, riding horses, and doing Bikram Yoga. You’ll also be interested to know that in my spare time I write about former executive assistants who turn into millionaires by selling cupcakes. I want my mommy.
Read This Next
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- Cedars Social Closed for One Night by Nancy Nichols
- Why We Devoted 10,000 Words to DPD’s Child Abuse Squad by Cristina Daglas
- Unpacking the Racial Politics at Play in the John Wiley Price Case by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.