This chick’s name is Pamela Jenkins. In Las Vegas she is known as the Cupcake Queen. Pamela was born in Jacksboro, Texas. According to her website, she “studied in New York City, Spain, Argentina, and has traveled the globe. She is a total “foodie,” loving to visit the culinary establishments of Vegas.” Riveting. She ended up in Vegas as the executive assistant to the CEO of the Golden Nugget casino. One day she was sitting in her office reading a story in the newspaper about a woman who was selling cupcakes. In January 2006 she quit said job and opened The Cupcakery in Vegas. She sold 275,000 frickin’ cupcakes (at $2.75 a pop) in one year. This summer, The Cupcakery will open a location in The Shops at Starwood in Frisco. You’ll be interested to know that when Jenkins is not spending time creating new cupcake recipes, she spends time with her three dogs Josephine, Tora, and Calypso, riding horses, and doing Bikram Yoga. You’ll also be interested to know that in my spare time I write about former executive assistants who turn into millionaires by selling cupcakes. I want my mommy.
Read This Next
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.