Yesterday I spent the day blogging from the Texas Rangers’ home opener. There was a lot of testosterone in the press box. So in keeping with the air of the day, my buddy and I headed to another high-testosterone feeding ground, Capital Grille, for dinner. The dark dining room did not disappoint. At 7:30, the place was filled to about 80% of its capacity, and 80% of the diners were guys. As usual, the service was stellar: every time you call for a reservation they capture your number in their system and keep a record of your past dining experiences. It can be a little unsettling, but it works on the guys who love being recognized. Anywhoo, my dry-aged sirloin was nice, but the Kona-crusted dry-aged sirloin topped with caramelized shallot butter is one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth. Seriously. Eat one. You will thank me. Next.
Read This Next
10/26/14 SunDallas Farmers Market
10/30/14 ThuSaint Ann Restaurant and Bar
10/31/14 FriRed Arrow Contemporary
10/31/14 FriStampede 66
10/31/14 FriSissy's Southern Kitchen and Bar
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- Are These Ebola-Themed Halloween Decorations in Poor Taste? by Jason Heid
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- Taste Test Thursday: Restaurant Chips and Salsa by Catherine Downes
- VIDEO: Crowd Stops Antigay Attack at DFW Airport by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »