Yesterday I spent the day blogging from the Texas Rangers’ home opener. There was a lot of testosterone in the press box. So in keeping with the air of the day, my buddy and I headed to another high-testosterone feeding ground, Capital Grille, for dinner. The dark dining room did not disappoint. At 7:30, the place was filled to about 80% of its capacity, and 80% of the diners were guys. As usual, the service was stellar: every time you call for a reservation they capture your number in their system and keep a record of your past dining experiences. It can be a little unsettling, but it works on the guys who love being recognized. Anywhoo, my dry-aged sirloin was nice, but the Kona-crusted dry-aged sirloin topped with caramelized shallot butter is one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth. Seriously. Eat one. You will thank me. Next.
Read This Next
12/24/14 WedThe Grape
12/24/14 WedSteel Restaurant & Lounge
12/25/14 ThuLark on the Park
12/31/14 WedDel Frisco's
12/31/14 WedThe Quarter Bar
12/31/14 WedFront Room Tavern
12/31/14 WedKitchen LTO
- Mike Rawlings Makes His Pitch by Wick Allison
- Mayor Rawlings Implies Trinity Toll Road Opponents Don’t Respect Democracy by Jason Heid
- David Kattner Arrested on a Charge of Sexual Assault by Tim Rogers
- What do You Think of When I Say Poutine? by Nancy Nichols
- What It Means Now That Rajon Rondo Is In Dallas by Zac Crain
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »