Yesterday I spent the day blogging from the Texas Rangers’ home opener. There was a lot of testosterone in the press box. So in keeping with the air of the day, my buddy and I headed to another high-testosterone feeding ground, Capital Grille, for dinner. The dark dining room did not disappoint. At 7:30, the place was filled to about 80% of its capacity, and 80% of the diners were guys. As usual, the service was stellar: every time you call for a reservation they capture your number in their system and keep a record of your past dining experiences. It can be a little unsettling, but it works on the guys who love being recognized. Anywhoo, my dry-aged sirloin was nice, but the Kona-crusted dry-aged sirloin topped with caramelized shallot butter is one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth. Seriously. Eat one. You will thank me. Next.
Read This Next
8/23/14 SatMain Street Garden
8/23/14 SatRabbit Hole Brewing
8/26/14 TueSevy's Grill
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- Brendan Higgins Arrested in Aspen by Tim Rogers
- Brendan Higgins Fired From Channel 11 by Tim Rogers
- American Airlines Outsources Its In-Flight Magazine by Tim Rogers
- Huey P. Newton Gun Club Marches in Dallas To Protest Police Shootings by Tim Rogers
- About the Use of the Word ‘Portmanteau’ in Our July Issue by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.