Yesterday I spent the day blogging from the Texas Rangers’ home opener. There was a lot of testosterone in the press box. So in keeping with the air of the day, my buddy and I headed to another high-testosterone feeding ground, Capital Grille, for dinner. The dark dining room did not disappoint. At 7:30, the place was filled to about 80% of its capacity, and 80% of the diners were guys. As usual, the service was stellar: every time you call for a reservation they capture your number in their system and keep a record of your past dining experiences. It can be a little unsettling, but it works on the guys who love being recognized. Anywhoo, my dry-aged sirloin was nice, but the Kona-crusted dry-aged sirloin topped with caramelized shallot butter is one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth. Seriously. Eat one. You will thank me. Next.
Read This Next
7/4/15 SatSteel Restaurant & Lounge
7/4/15 SatNoble Rey Brewing Co.
7/4/15 SatThe Libertine Bar
7/7/15 TueKirby's Steakhouse
7/14/15 TueBishop Arts District
7/16/15 ThuKettle Art
- The Ultimate Neighborhood Guide to Dallas
- Taco Libre at Main Street Garden
- Hot Property: 3901 Turtle Creek Boulevard #9 by Caitlin Clark
- The 10 Best Lakes to Call Home by Dawn McMullan
- Where to See Fireworks in Dallas This Fourth of July by Mary Claire Hamm
- The Mysterious Plan for a Mayoral Compound by Wylie H. Dallas
- Laura Miller on the Failings of Jennifer Gates and the Battle To Save Preston Hollow by Tim Rogers
- Did Bass Pro Shops Steal a T-shirt Idea From The Lodge? by Michael J. Mooney
- What Happened to FrontBurner Comments? by Jason Heid
- Mad Max Shops at Lakewood Whole Foods by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »