Yesterday I spent the day blogging from the Texas Rangers’ home opener. There was a lot of testosterone in the press box. So in keeping with the air of the day, my buddy and I headed to another high-testosterone feeding ground, Capital Grille, for dinner. The dark dining room did not disappoint. At 7:30, the place was filled to about 80% of its capacity, and 80% of the diners were guys. As usual, the service was stellar: every time you call for a reservation they capture your number in their system and keep a record of your past dining experiences. It can be a little unsettling, but it works on the guys who love being recognized. Anywhoo, my dry-aged sirloin was nice, but the Kona-crusted dry-aged sirloin topped with caramelized shallot butter is one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth. Seriously. Eat one. You will thank me. Next.
Read This Next
5/27/15 WedChestnut Square
6/13/15 Sat"Secret Location"
6/18/15 ThuKettle Art
- The Standard Pour
- Feds Indict Founding Physician Of Forest Park Medical Center On 17 Counts Of Healthcare Fraud by Matt Goodman
- Best Dallas Apartment Swimming Pools
- Hot Property: 5638 Gaston Avenue by Caitlin Clark
- The Legend of Chris Kyle by Michael J. Mooney
- We Can’t Let Our Guard Down When it Comes to the Trinity Toll Road by Peter Simek
- Podcast: Carpetbagger Joe Tone of the Denver-Based Dallas Observer Talks About His Horsies-and-Drugs Book by Jason Heid
- Leading Off (5/25/2015) by Liz Johnstone
- Health Wildcatters Announces Fourth ‘Pulse’ Breakfast, Featuring On-Demand Mobile Health Startup by Matt Goodman
- Leading Off (5/22/15) by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »