Dang, I just planted my herb garden last week, but I’m sure I did it all wrong. Again. Each year my basil grows tall and thin and tastes bitter while my parsley stays yellow and weepy. However, the lemon oregano cascades beautifully down the side of the planter box. I should probably figure out how to use it, eh? Anywhoo, I am going to take time out of my busy farming schedule to hit Central Market’s Herb Fest on Saturday, April 5, when the one, the only, and still very much alive Neil Sperry will be in the Dallas store to talk about planting and growing herbs. I’m so glad because this year I’ve decided to branch out and grow tomatoes, garlic, and peppers. Perhaps even a little of this which I hear can be pretty tricky to manage. Central Market’s Herb Fest runs April 4-6. BYOL.
Read This Next
4/19/15 SunOmni - Fort Worth
4/19/15 SunGas Monkey Bar N' Grill
4/22/15 WedFrontiers of Flight Museum
4/22/15 WedCityplace Conference Center
4/22/15 WedMeddlesome Moth
4/23/15 ThuUrban Acres Farmstead
4/23/15 ThuWE Over Me Farm at Paul Quinn College
- Grapevine High Students Apologize For Racist Rap by Jason Heid
- What Can We Learn About the Trinity River Project From Yesterday’s Dallas City Council Meeting? by Peter Simek
- Is Dallas Too Prude To Handle the Phrase ‘Balls in a Vise’? by Tim Rogers
- Quick Recap of Yesterday’s Council Meeting by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (4/17/15) by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »