Dang, I just planted my herb garden last week, but I’m sure I did it all wrong. Again. Each year my basil grows tall and thin and tastes bitter while my parsley stays yellow and weepy. However, the lemon oregano cascades beautifully down the side of the planter box. I should probably figure out how to use it, eh? Anywhoo, I am going to take time out of my busy farming schedule to hit Central Market’s Herb Fest on Saturday, April 5, when the one, the only, and still very much alive Neil Sperry will be in the Dallas store to talk about planting and growing herbs. I’m so glad because this year I’ve decided to branch out and grow tomatoes, garlic, and peppers. Perhaps even a little of this which I hear can be pretty tricky to manage. Central Market’s Herb Fest runs April 4-6. BYOL.
Green Thumbs Unite!
- Hot Property: French-Inspired Uptown Townhome by Caitlin Clark
- Happiest Hour
- Best of Big D Readers' Choice Voting by Jessica Chen
- A Family Oasis in Preston Hollow by Connie Dufner
- Go Inside the Homes of Bravo's Real Housewives of Dallas by Caitlin Clark
- The New Trinity Park Looks Great — But Never Will Be by Zac Crain
- Susan Hawk May Have Suffered Relapse by Jason Heid
- The Trinity Park and The City, Graphically by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (5/20/16) by Jason Heid
- Things To Do In Dallas Tonight: May 23 by Alex Macon
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »