Well, it’s actually in the mountains of Colorado but since Tim Rogers never reads SideDish I don’t have to worry about his heavy editing. Anywhoo, I’ve just made my plans for the annual Food & Wine Classic which takes place at the base of Ajax Mountain every June. This year it runs June 13-15th and loads of folks from Dallas are going. But the biggest deal will be the Texas Outlaw Party that takes place at Kenichi on Friday the 13th. That’s when you get to see all the national whoopteedoos try to get into our all-things-Texas party. Jacques Pepin and his daughter Claudine are always there. (They are both lovely people in spite of their fame.) Mario Batali and Drew Nieporent have attended. But this year I’m hoping to bump into the former Mrs. Salman Rushdie, Padma Lakshmi. I’d like to trade recipes for success with her. I don’t get her foodie deal. At all.
Read This Next
5/6/15 WedCommunity Beer Co.
5/6/15 WedRahr & Sons Brewing Company
5/7/15 ThuDeep Ellum Brewing Co.
5/7/15 ThuMartin House Brewing Company
5/8/15 FriHyatt Regency Dallas
5/9/15 SatPanther Island Pavilion
5/9/15 SatStonebridge Ranch Country Club
5/10/15 SunOmni Fort Worth Hotel
5/10/15 SunTexas Spice
- Who Can We Blame for This Garland Shooting? by Michael J. Mooney
- Why We Should Listen to Laura Miller’s Solution to the Scott Griggs Accusations by Peter Simek
- Breaking: Robin Wright Is as Smart as She Is Beautiful. And She Is Coming to Dallas by Christine Allison
- Leading Off (5/4/2015) by Liz Johnstone
- Why Dallas Is a Terrible Place to Grow Up Poor — And a Great Place to Be Rich by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »