Something was amiss today at the Mi Cocina in Highland Park Village. No fewer than four people came by our table—multiple times—to see if we were okay, to offer us more chips, more salsa, more water. But what they should have been worried about is why it took so freakin’ long to get a bowl of tortilla soup, a bean chalupa, and a Rico salad with beef. I watched as table after table around us—seated after we were—received their lunch. It was weird. Not the usual brisk, efficient, hurry-up-and-turn-the-table service I’m used to at Mi Cocina—especially not during lunch hour on a weekday. The worst part? The bean chalupa and tortilla soup were cold. Normally it’s some of the most reliable food and service around. Today it just left a bad taste in my mouth. Sigh.
Read This Next
8/23/14 SatMain Street Garden
8/26/14 TueSevy's Grill
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- Brendan Higgins Arrested in Aspen by Tim Rogers
- American Airlines Outsources Its In-Flight Magazine by Tim Rogers
- About the Use of the Word ‘Portmanteau’ in Our July Issue by Tim Rogers
- Brendan Higgins Fired From Channel 11 by Tim Rogers
- About the Teenager Who Lived in Walmart: I Think That Was Art. by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.