Just about a year ago, the DMN debuted their new dining critic, Bill “Freckle Face” Addison. Eager to stir the pot, Addison started his rounds by taking on the DMN’s then current 5-Star listings. His first review was of Aurora, one the most upscale dining destinations in town. Although he liked the place, he didn’t love it; he took the listing down to a 4-Star. Owner Avner Samuel went bonkers. He wrote letters, he called everyone he knew, he called the DMN brass. Bill Addison was on the map. Chefs all over town were shaking in their clogs. Today, Addison has a new take on Avner and Aurora has it’s fifth star back. Way to go Billy Boy, you can fire those bodyguards now.
Read This Next
8/23/14 SatMain Street Garden
8/23/14 SatRabbit Hole Brewing
8/26/14 TueSevy's Grill
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- Brendan Higgins Fired From Channel 11 by Tim Rogers
- American Airlines Outsources Its In-Flight Magazine by Tim Rogers
- Huey P. Newton Gun Club Marches in Dallas To Protest Police Shootings by Tim Rogers
- DMagazine.com Seeks Online Managing Editor by Jason Heid
- About the Use of the Word ‘Portmanteau’ in Our July Issue by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.