Just about a year ago, the DMN debuted their new dining critic, Bill “Freckle Face” Addison. Eager to stir the pot, Addison started his rounds by taking on the DMN’s then current 5-Star listings. His first review was of Aurora, one the most upscale dining destinations in town. Although he liked the place, he didn’t love it; he took the listing down to a 4-Star. Owner Avner Samuel went bonkers. He wrote letters, he called everyone he knew, he called the DMN brass. Bill Addison was on the map. Chefs all over town were shaking in their clogs. Today, Addison has a new take on Avner and Aurora has it’s fifth star back. Way to go Billy Boy, you can fire those bodyguards now.
Read This Next
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- Judgmental Map of Dallas, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Poll: What Does the Uptown Sam’s Club Say About City Government? by Jason Heid
- Judgmental Map of Dallas by Krista Nightengale
- 8 Achievable Steps to Improve Urbanism by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.