Just about a year ago, the DMN debuted their new dining critic, Bill “Freckle Face” Addison. Eager to stir the pot, Addison started his rounds by taking on the DMN’s then current 5-Star listings. His first review was of Aurora, one the most upscale dining destinations in town. Although he liked the place, he didn’t love it; he took the listing down to a 4-Star. Owner Avner Samuel went bonkers. He wrote letters, he called everyone he knew, he called the DMN brass. Bill Addison was on the map. Chefs all over town were shaking in their clogs. Today, Addison has a new take on Avner and Aurora has it’s fifth star back. Way to go Billy Boy, you can fire those bodyguards now.
Read This Next
- Fact Checking Museum Tower’s Bold Sales Claim by Tim Rogers
- Have Questions About Home-Rule Effort? Ask Them Here. by Krista Nightengale
- Leading Off (3/4/14) by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.